What to do with MyTouch 3G slide

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I'm very frustrated with myTouch 3G Slide.It hasn't been getting texts since last Friday. AIM and internet will quit any time. I have hard time signing in AIM on my phone. It doesn't always work. Part of me wants to get the new Sidekick 4G. I just found out that their unlimited data plan is $39.99/month. I was hoping of buying one of those w/o signing a 2 year contract as I was hoping to get a Verizon in few month with my girlfriend. I may not get that $39.99 if I just bought the Sidekick itself, no 2 year contract.

Maybe I just should ditch my T mobile and get Virgin. That way, I won't have to sign a 2 year contract and I'll be ready to get a Verizon phone with my girlfriend when her contract ends in late August or early September.

Or maybe I should just buy an used Sidekick 4G or G2 Google. Then again, I can get that $39.99 with Sidekick only. ANy feedbacks are appreciated.

I have Virgin phone...I have no plm and love when I have no dumb contract! I hate contract, what for? Good luck what ya decide! :)

Yep, Tmo would start the price increased for the SK4G and other phones.. So I already closed the Tmo account, I am getting new Virgin Mobile soon..

$30 unlimited data/texts

For SIDEKICK series user, most of you are aware that Sidekick Data service will shutdown soon and I wanted to give you special code since most Tmobile staff are not aware of same price as you had in the past. Here is special code:
PCWEBVB30. And you need to go to tmobile store to submit this promotion offer code.

dragonman3000
where to enter promo code please.....didn't see any place to enter it @
my T -mobile.....:aw:

Thanks...........

It is better if you go to Tmobile Store. The online Tmobile store dont work. One of my friend did go to tmobile store and submit this code with new handset phone.

dragonman3000
'Thanks' very much for your info - I'll give that a shot ! :cool2:

I'm very frustrated with myTouch 3G Slide.It hasn't been getting texts since last Friday. AIM and internet will quit any time. I have hard time signing in AIM on my phone. It doesn't always work. Part of me wants to get the new Sidekick 4G. I just found out that their unlimited data plan is $39.99/month. I was hoping of buying one of those w/o signing a 2 year contract as I was hoping to get a Verizon in few month with my girlfriend. I may not get that $39.99 if I just bought the Sidekick itself, no 2 year contract.

Maybe I just should ditch my T mobile and get Virgin. That way, I won't have to sign a 2 year contract and I'll be ready to get a Verizon phone with my girlfriend when her contract ends in late August or early September.

Or maybe I should just buy an used Sidekick 4G or G2 Google. Then again, I can get that $39.99 with Sidekick only. ANy feedbacks are appreciated.

Did you try soft or a hard factory reset?

Make sure you back up what you want before doing a hard reset. It'll erase all user ID.

If that didn't work, you can try rooting your phone and downloading another rom to see if that fixes your problem.

It takes a bit more work to root the mytouch slide on 2.2.1 due to exploit fixes in the patch. But it is doable. After that you can install cyanogenmod or other variants to see if they fix your problem. Cyanogenmod has general improvements to the hardware over stock tmobile rom.

If none of that works you can always buy another t-mo phone online and slip your tmobile sim card in and it'll work fine.

Did you try soft or a hard factory reset?

Make sure you back up what you want before doing a hard reset. It'll erase all user ID.

If that didn't work, you can try rooting your phone and downloading another rom to see if that fixes your problem.

It takes a bit more work to root the mytouch slide on 2.2.1 due to exploit fixes in the patch. But it is doable. After that you can install cyanogenmod or other variants to see if they fix your problem. Cyanogenmod has general improvements to the hardware over stock tmobile rom.

If none of that works you can always buy another t-mo phone online and slip your tmobile sim card in and it'll work fine.

Thank you. I had problems because my texts were full from my girlfriend and customers. I had 4256 texts between my girlfriends and me. I had to delete everything and start again. It looks ok, but internet is still spotty sometimes.

My thinking is to try either G2 Google or Sidekick 4G. If that doesn't fix internet problems, I may go for Virgin or in 4 months, get Verizon with my girlfriend. We plan to get Verizon in 4 months together when her contract is up.

Back