What the Flock?!

Reaction score
There's a new browser that's rumored to be better and stronger than the current version of Mozilla's Firefox, called Flock. It got an integrated RSS feeder as opposed to Firefox, whereas a plugin extension is needed to install to utilize a RSS feeder. Find it and download it at Flock and see for yourself whether it's better than Firefox or not. As I write this message, I'm using Flock and it crashed once on me, then I opened it again and it came through when I tried to open www.alldeaf.com for the first time LOL. Warning, it's in beta stage so people who do not want to test Flock, do not download Flock! The beta release version is 0.5pre so I do not know when the beta stage will end. For those who will download Flock, enjoy and post anything that you may find interesting in this thread! :D

I tried it and found built in features for blogging like a button to make a blog post and storing bookmarks at del.icio.us. I guess that'd be nice because you could use your bookmarks anywhere you can get online. They call it the social browser because it makes things like blogging and photo sharing easy.

Wired News
Business Week

it is not final. Flock is for development that anyone who can help to improve. You can see that word refers, "trunk," that means checking and testing if it works on all websites. I only know alittle with Flock I first saw yesterday. I regard I can't explain full about Flock. I believe they are new gang of development for their dream web browser.

Safari and Foxfire for mac are my good choices.

starrygaze said:
it is not final. Flock is for development that anyone who can help to improve. You can see that word refers, "trunk," that means checking and testing if it works on all websites. I only know alittle with Flock I first saw yesterday. I regard I can't explain full about Flock. I believe they are new gang of development for their dream web browser.

Safari and Foxfire for mac are my good choices.

Um.. that's what I said in my first post, it's in the beta stage, meaning it's not the final version, it's in the testing/developing stage and Flock is asking people to test it out and report any problems or bugs with Flock to the development team. They also encourage you to fix it yourself and post your solution since it's an open source browser like Firefox.

PyrollisAhFiros said:
Um.. that's what I said in my first post, it's in the beta stage, meaning it's not the final version, it's in the testing/developing stage and Flock is asking people to test it out and report any problems or bugs with Flock to the development team. They also encourage you to fix it yourself and post your solution since it's an open source browser like Firefox.

Do you know how this browser does with the Mac platform?

Tousi said:
Do you know how this browser does with the Mac platform?

No I don't as I do not have a computer with Mac OS installed. I have not read anything on what Flock do for Macs, just what Flock is packaged and what's the difference between Flock and Firefox.

Have you tried it out on a Mac platform yet?

Thanks for responding and, yes, I just now went to the Flock site and there IS a download for the Mac OS X but since I am not too computer-literate, I am often wary of downloading beta stuff.......

Tousi said:
Thanks for responding and, yes, I just now went to the Flock site and there IS a download for the Mac OS X but since I am not too computer-literate, I am often wary of downloading beta stuff.......

well that's good that you are wary so proceed with caution using Flock if you can. You can wait for the final version of Flock and use it. There is no huge difference between Flock and Firefox except for the integrated RSS feeder and blogger as well as some bits and pieces that Firefox don't have. It's cool and all, but just a "Firefox clone" I would say. :D

PyrollisAhFiros said:
well that's good that you are wary so proceed with caution using Flock if you can. You can wait for the final version of Flock and use it. There is no huge difference between Flock and Firefox except for the integrated RSS feeder and blogger as well as some bits and pieces that Firefox don't have. It's cool and all, but just a "Firefox clone" I would say. :D

OIC, thanks for that; I do have Firefox kinda laying in the weeds on my hard drive, lol. Speaking of the RSS feed feature, I do have that on my Safari which I use occasionally and it's kinda nead, that RSS feed.....

Another nice thing I found about Flock is that the order of tabs can be changed by dragging them.

RedFox said:
Another nice thing I found about Flock is that the order of tabs can be changed by dragging them.

heh yeah same with Firefox 1.5b2 Deer park, the tabs can be dragged and dropped in a certain order according to the user's preference.

Back