what the different VERSION between VP-100 & DVC-1000

What brand do you use router? for Videophone!

• I already bought linksys before but right now use d-link for vp!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • do u use extra router mix brand? w/switch (linksys,D-link,SMC,Netgear,etc)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I' am Using Router Linksys for vp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I' am Using Router D-link or Sorenson router for vp

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I' am Using Router other brand with vp?

• ' am using Internet gateway to vp (w/o router)

• I'm using wireless linksys external adapter wireless (RJ-45 or USB) for vp

• I'm using D-link external adapter wireless (RJ-45 or USB) for vp

• I already have DVC-1100

• I already have DVC-2000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xentra

Reaction score
The both device board are same but just different firmware :dunno:
I would like know who like better which vp-100 or dvc-1000 program!

They were programmed seperately for two companies. Which one is better? Its up to you to decide. Both of them functions almost the same thing. The only difference between them is features. VP-100 have two more features, one is phonebook, they have voice phone book that you could have them connected with VRS For example, doctor, you just enter your doctor's voice phone number and click "Voice" (I think, can't remmy) So that way you just click doctor's name and it will connect to SorensonVRS and the operator already have dr's phone number on his or her screen. on other hand with DVC-1000 you would have to use seperate phone book for relay, then when call VRS, you will then have to look up, flop the book, pick it up (ooops) look up oh there, the phone number is blah blah blah, a time consuming, than VP-100. Other "Pain the ass" restricted feature that is, VP-100 limits you to use Sorenson's own VRS rather than using other VRS like ACMEvrs, etc. (Hey CSDvrs, good one on fake trademark). These two feature is what makes it difference between these two devices.

diehardbiker65 said:
They were programmed seperately for two companies. Which one is better? Its up to you to decide. Both of them functions almost the same thing. The only difference between them is features. VP-100 have two more features, one is phonebook, they have voice phone book that you could have them connected with VRS For example, doctor, you just enter your doctor's voice phone number and click "Voice" (I think, can't remmy) So that way you just click doctor's name and it will connect to SorensonVRS and the operator already have dr's phone number on his or her screen. on other hand with DVC-1000 you would have to use seperate phone book for relay, then when call VRS, you will then have to look up, flop the book, pick it up (ooops) look up oh there, the phone number is blah blah blah, a time consuming, than VP-100. Other "Pain the ass" restricted feature that is, VP-100 limits you to use Sorenson's own VRS rather than using other VRS like ACMEvrs, etc. (Hey CSDvrs, good one on fake trademark). These two feature is what makes it difference between these two devices.

Additonal feature to those above, is the MISSED CALLS. If any caller call you ( Sorenson VP-100 user) and you did not answer it, then the caller's name and VP-100 number or IP address will be left in the MISSED CALLS listing. That way, you will know who called you .

xentra said:
The both device board are same but just different firmware :dunno:
I would like know who like better which vp-100 or dvc-1000 program!

Just noticed that you live in Canada. Unfortunately, the Sorenson VP-100s or Dlink DVC-1000 will not be distributed without any cost to you but you can purchase a Dlink DVC-1000 in Canada.

Oh your right, I missed that one. Didn't think of it. grin

IloveVP said:
Additonal feature to those above, is the MISSED CALLS. If any caller call you ( Sorenson VP-100 user) and you did not answer it, then the caller's name and VP-100 number or IP address will be left in the MISSED CALLS listing. That way, you will know who called you .

Also I found out from a friends of mine who told me that D-link u can see the person I mean the screen is much brighter then the sorenson. Sometimes it hard to see the person on screen with the sorenson.

A friend of mine who is counseling and she have vp with the elderly with D-link cuz it more brighter and easier for them to see then the sorenson.

This is surely false assumption. Many of deafies left the auto contrast on. That is the problem, best turn it off and manually adjust contrast. Also the brightness in these room can vary significantly. Both of these devices have the SAME eye, same light sensitivity! The only difference between them is software side. Of course there is one chip that is added on VP100, and it has to do with Sorenson system, but not the contrast part.

Pomeranian said:
Also I found out from a friends of mine who told me that D-link u can see the person I mean the screen is much brighter then the sorenson. Sometimes it hard to see the person on screen with the sorenson.

A friend of mine who is counseling and she have vp with the elderly with D-link cuz it more brighter and easier for them to see then the sorenson.

CALLER ID for DVC-1000 :) Better than nothing!
I ve tested DVC-1000 its work showing display caller ID only phone dialing in vp and not showing display IP when they dial ip...If u have regular adapter caller id (analogue) use plug RJ11 back vp and plug extention from adapter for light flasher! work great :)
Does u statifait with limite 2 hours from (DVC-1000) after new upgrade last april version end with ....194 from boot loader application?

xentra said:
CALLER ID for DVC-1000 :) Better than nothing!
I ve tested DVC-1000 its work showing display caller ID only phone dialing in vp and not showing display IP when they dial ip...If u have regular adapter caller id (analogue) use plug RJ11 back vp and plug extention from adapter for light flasher! work great :)
Does u statifait with limite 2 hours from (DVC-1000) after new upgrade last april version end with ....194 from boot loader application?

Huh? Can you type a little better so we can understand you? Que Pasa?

VP-100 and DVC-1000 have virtually the same hardware internally. What's different is that one VRS company, Sorenson, has a monopoly agreement with D-Link to be the only VRS company to create custom software for deaf people. That means that the DVC-1000 cannot be customized by ANYONE if the end result will be it will be sold or given to deaf people.

So, that one VRS company can design the VP-100 to only use their VRS service, and they can add whatever ideas they come up with, stupid or useful, and they are the only ones who can use that software. You are stuck using their VRS service no matter what, even if they are down or inaccessible. Every other VRS service can purchase give out plain DVC-1000 videophones but cannot have them customized in any way. That means that you have FREEDOM with a DVC-1000 to use in any way you want -- you don't have to worry about being stuck with any one VRS service. Now THAT'S the American way.

diehardbiker65 said:
Hi!
Thanks for your info!
U said "Pta" that from VP-100 right?

Dennis said:
Huh? Can you type a little better so we can understand you? Que Pasa?

VP-100 and DVC-1000 have virtually the same hardware internally. What's different is that one VRS company, Sorenson, has a monopoly agreement with D-Link to be the only VRS company to create custom software for deaf people. That means that the DVC-1000 cannot be customized by ANYONE if the end result will be it will be sold or given to deaf people.

So, that one VRS company can design the VP-100 to only use their VRS service, and they can add whatever ideas they come up with, stupid or useful, and they are the only ones who can use that software. You are stuck using their VRS service no matter what, even if they are down or inaccessible. Every other VRS service can purchase give out plain DVC-1000 videophones but cannot have them customized in any way. That means that you have FREEDOM with a DVC-1000 to use in any way you want -- you don't have to worry about being stuck with any one VRS service. Now THAT'S the American way.
Hello!
I grow french learning! I m little know some wirte in english! better than nothing right :) :sure: I will repeat if dont understand !

I understant about between vp100 and dvc-1000 right now i hear that CSD VRS is much faster answering ring than other! but they CSD provide D-link wiche orginal I2eye firmware!
there no classic dvc-1000!!! that VP-100 have caller id, adjust video with preview, when dialing after showing ring. that what i want same in dvc 1000 :).
Only i found firmware in site file server from I2eye not D-link! I think...because all board are all same!!!

IloveVP said:
Just noticed that you live in Canada. Unfortunately, the Sorenson VP-100s or Dlink DVC-1000 will not be distributed without any cost to you but you can purchase a Dlink DVC-1000 in Canada.
Hello!

Yes that right! Unfortunately for Vp-100!
And also Unfortunately they does not have provider VRS in CANADA YET!
But right now they re working on but dont know how long will be done setup VRS CANADA.
Smile I accepted! hehe
I noticed that USA are very good service!! U Lucky :)

Xentra

diehardbiker65 said:
"PTA"? care to explain?

You said it in your post that the person quoted -- PTA meaning "Pain in The Ass" Should have been PITA, but PTA is fine too.

xentra said:

I have not noticed any upgrade for DVC-1000 in last April. What is this purpose? How to get the upgrade?

Thank you

IloveVP said:
I have not noticed any upgrade for DVC-1000 in last April. What is this purpose? How to get the upgrade?

Thank you

Yes i bought dvc 1000 last year ago it was version end with 155 and upgrade to 194 there new add limite 2 hrs chat and recent call...
Check your update from setting what version application...like 3.0.0194 or 3.0.0.155? it should automated upgrade by itself when your configuration setting update with automatic or disable automatic update depent...

Xentra

xentra said:
Yes i bought dvc 1000 last year ago it was version end with 155 and upgrade to 194 there new add limite 2 hrs chat and recent call...
Check your update from setting what version application...like 3.0.0194 or 3.0.0.155? it should automated upgrade by itself when your configuration setting update with automatic or disable automatic update depent...

Xentra

Thank you...

I will check that version out tonite.

What do you mean by limite 2 hrs chat ? you mean you will be cut off after 2 hour chat ?

IloveVP said:
Thank you...

I will check that version out tonite.

What do you mean by limite 2 hrs chat ? you mean you will be cut off after 2 hour chat ?
Yes itself shut down after 2hrs then redial.. only from D-Link Dvc-1000!

xentra said:
Yes itself shut down after 2hrs then redial.. only from D-Link Dvc-1000!

I doubt it... I am sorry... Dlink VP has nothing to do with the time limit. I suspect time limit is controlled by your HSI provider. :eek: Let's hear from the other Dlink users on whether or not the time limit is enforced.

Back