What the bleep?!

nowits_done

Reaction score
So today I was messing around and thinking (outloud) in sign and then all of a sudden thunder struck and I wanted to say something along the lines of "What the f---" or "What the hell?"

But I couldn't think of how I would represent that concept in ASL.

Any suggestions to represent that meaning?

You'd think just having a conversation with yourself you'd be able to sign something to that effect, but no. :D

Um...there are many ways you could say it...depends on what exactly you meant, you could literally sign that...but often times the reaction could be "SHIT" ...it depends, lol, as it always does

for thunder scaring you, it would be "shit"...not the sign for literally taking a dump, but the "aww shit" sign.

if it's like " what the f**k was that"

then it would be prolly "puzzled" with 4 fingers

Thank god Im not the only one that signs to themselves when thinking about things, :lol:

as for me I would probably sign shit as in OH SHIT THAT WAS LOUD!

Thank god Im not the only one that signs to themselves when thinking about things, :lol:

as for me I would probably sign shit as in OH SHIT THAT WAS LOUD!

Did, would that epithet simultaneously included you diving for your shotgun? :giggle:

haha, thanks for your input but I was more thinking of the sign for more of the idea of astonishment or confusion.

Like if someone said or did something unbelievable and you said "What the f--k?"

But I'm not sure if the f bomb has a noun form in ASL, besides being signed as f you.

I don't know, lol, I'm bad at describing these things, but nothing else I know feels right in that context.

I think you have to use the sign for "what is going on" like the middle fingers striking from your chest and having your expression with a puzzle indicating the thunder storm. I guess you did not want anyone who is reading your ASL signs with the four letters sign words before being caught with embarrassing results. I am just guessing what you are feeling about how to use the right sign to make an expression. :dunno2:

Back