What the Bleep Do We Know?

TiaraPrincess

Reaction score
Have you guys heard about this movie coming out to theaters near you? Well, Marlee Matlin will star in it. The website for your information is at http://www.whatthebleep.com. FYI, this movie is not captioned until they release their DVD.

If you go to the FAQ of their site, they say this:

Q: Why is the film not available in closed caption?
A: We are a small independent film company and are lucky to be in theaters competing against the big boys at all. The film will be closed captioned for its DVD release, as well as made available in multiple languages.

They don't even make sense as to 'why.' It sounds like they are just putting down something without having to face the real question. I am sick and tired of movie industries being stupid. If there's a deaf person, it makes sense that make it CC. Am I not right? I don't want to buy DVD because I don't like to to fill my home with DVD. I prefer to rent it, so that's what I'll do. It's just not fair that we can't have the option of enjoying the movie with popcorn. I am not watching it at the theater. What's the point? I almost want to b-tch at them for their silly answer.

Then wait for the DVD. (shrugs)

It's quite expensive to caption a film. This movie is made by an INDEPENDENT production. Most independent production companies already have difficulties trying to get a budget for their movies. Let alone the captioning issue, it just add even more problems.

It's likely that you will be able to rent it. But if you can't... just buy it. It won't kill you, it's just a tiny DVD case.

Last edited:
Back