What Size Bed?

I'm in the market for a new headboard & footboard....(queen bed)...4-poster bed. Have seen some beautiful ones, but too expensive!

I remembered that I wanted a sleigh bed but in stores they were going for two thousand dollars, but I managed to find one for $600. I found a carpentry place where they make beds, fences and such, and they made my bed to perfection.

Had a friend that wanted a "round" bed...I saw it once after she had it built to her specifications....very unique.....has anyone seen these before?

Had a friend that wanted a "round" bed...I saw it once after she had it built to her specifications....very unique.....has anyone seen these before?
Only in movies and magazines.

Crib, twin size bed, full size bed, and now queen size bed.

I can't wait to get a new mattress this Saturday, but I hope I will get deluxe queen steel beams before mattress arrives. :hyper:

Crib, then shared a king size w/two sisters till 11 then a twin till I married, queen ever since.
My kids spent the first week or two in a bassinet in our room then the crib in the nursery till they could climb over the railing. Then we put them in twins with railings.

me: crib, twin, full, futon mattress which is full
my son: crib then to a twin

Parents bed, crib, pull out kiddie couch
(
PnkCouchD.png
),
twin, queen, long twin, full, now it's back to queen. Hopefully, I'll get a king sized mattress one day...

You know, most of my life, I have king size bed..because of this stupid dog!

Today, I still have super king size bed!!

You know...I have a funny story... when my ex girlfriend came down to visit me (300 miles trip) and it was her first time to meet my parents. So, late at night, I told my ex girlfriend that I need to go to bed because I was sooo tired from working all day and she said fine cuz she enjoyed talking to my father and she will join me later. By the time she is ready to go to bed... she went to my bedroom and she found a large Great Dane sleeping with me. There's no room for her to get in bed and she doesn't know how to get rid of him. She's afraid that he'll bite her or growl at her. So, she went upstair and found my mother still up cleaning up something. My ex G/F asked my mother "How can I get Rem (that is our 3rd generation great dane name) off the bed?" My mother repsonded, "Oooooh! We have extra bedroom, you can sleep in there!" My ex got really pissed of how she said!! She got to the broiling point and went back down and scream at Rem "GET THE F#)(*%ING OFF HIS BED!!! SHOOO!!! SHOOO!!!" And Rem freaked out and got off the bed quickly and ran out of my bedroom. I have no idea what was going on..I was still sleeping the whole time..but the only thing I remember..she was snuggling up with me.

LOL, I just couldn't believe what my mother said...LOL

Our honeymoon (cheap honeymoon, lol) resort in the Poconos had a round bed. It was actually very uncomfortable and I felt like I was going to fall off in my sleep! :lol:

My kids all have twin beds. We have two sets of bunks but they are currently being used as regular beds since we have a house now big enough to do that. I had a toddler bed too which they used again for space reasons, and one of the bunks has a trundle unit under it that we used for years-again, this was for space saving.

Well - I went from crib to twin to full to twin to queen to double. Hubby and I had the queen and downsized to double when we got to MIL's.

Kids went from bassinet to crib. When daughter was 1 year, she climbed out and was too big for crib side rails, we put her in toddler bed and son went to crib. Then we had 2 toddler beds, then they moved to twin beds. Right now, son is sleeping on the couch since his sofa/bed fell apart and daughter is on the floor as we have no bed or place for one for her.

As I was growing up I had a twin size bed. It was a bunk bed cuz the room is soooooooooooooo small and dont have enough room to walking around it. It is like 5 x 8. Then when I got my own place I had a full size bed for a while til I move to NH that when I got queen size and had a memory form mattress. Love that bed.

My son was in the crib then to toddler bed then to twin size. That is also bunk bed but now that bed it gone broken. Now he want a bigger bed I am thinking more of getting still twin bed but long one. He is 5' 10" .

You know...I have a funny story... when my ex girlfriend came down to visit me (300 miles trip) and it was her first time to meet my parents. So, late at night, I told my ex girlfriend that I need to go to bed because I was sooo tired from working all day and she said fine cuz she enjoyed talking to my father and she will join me later. By the time she is ready to go to bed... she went to my bedroom and she found a large Great Dane sleeping with me. There's no room for her to get in bed and she doesn't know how to get rid of him. She's afraid that he'll bite her or growl at her. So, she went upstair and found my mother still up cleaning up something. My ex G/F asked my mother "How can I get Rem (that is our 3rd generation great dane name) off the bed?" My mother repsonded, "Oooooh! We have extra bedroom, you can sleep in there!" My ex got really pissed of how she said!! She got to the broiling point and went back down and scream at Rem "GET THE F#)(*%ING OFF HIS BED!!! SHOOO!!! SHOOO!!!" And Rem freaked out and got off the bed quickly and ran out of my bedroom. I have no idea what was going on..I was still sleeping the whole time..but the only thing I remember..she was snuggling up with me.

LOL, I just couldn't believe what my mother said...LOL

LOL that funny. Thanks for the laugh

Then, she had a crib until she was about two years old.

You were lucky! My older daugter figured out how to get out of her crib as of 9 months so we got her Junior bed. I didn't want her to get hurt getting out of crib.

Now hear this,, her sister is one year younger,,so when her sister was born,, and slept in crib, the older figured out HOW to get into the crib to be with her,,,

Smart baby,, now she's 27,, i wish she still has a brain she had 26 years ago. BTW, her sister is now 26 and both girls are still best friend............

Oy Vey!:dizzy:

crap on throw on bed bug because woman scared eww starwing on replace costs incrase your bedroom not joke I am serious prevent to bed bug awful horrible I hate it order remove bedroom! prevent to give you serious!

It was a queen bed all through childhood while living with my parents and then various beds of various sizes all throughout my teenage years in foster care and then ever since I left foster care and moved out into my first apartment I have had a queen sized bed and will never go back to smaller sizes ever again. I love having a lot of room to sleep on.

My two kids were with me for the first four months, after that I used 'piles' which is large pillows and blankets to create a "nest" in what ever part of the room was most comfortable. It was easy to lie down with them and cuddle, keep every single stuffed animal around them when they slept, etc. It was soft and cozy. No rattling noises to wake them up and no falling out of bed! :)

Back