What sign for "Mean"? (Cruel)

yagazn

Reaction score
What sign for "Mean"?

Two different sign
Mean: Cruel or Not nice.
Mean: Explain yourself, "What do you mean"?

That would be cool if you show me sign on youtube or you can describe this sign.

Thanks!

I know three signs for "cruel,"
1. Both "A" hands held before chest with right above. Right hand strikes downward hitting the left thumb and knuckles with force.
2. First the sign for "heart" is made and the sign for "rough."
3. "Tease" is signed, except using the "G" hands.

Mean as in Meaning

A modified sign for "think" . Right index touches forehead, the the right "V" hand is thrust twice into the left palm, sort of like "stand."

My ASL teacher (who is Deaf) signs it like on aslpro.com

just throwing in my 2 cents as well :)

I use the sign similar to "MEAN" and "CRUEL" as shown at aslpro.com . I use the double bent hand shapes.

I use the sign cruel for something like "That was mean!" I'd sign it like THAT CRUEL.

But I think the other mean that has intend beside is used in the context of "I meant to call you last night, but I forgot." or something like that. In other words - It was my intent to call you last night but I did not.

Swipe your middle finger across the palm of your weak hand going out. That one is the most common. You can use the sign for short but with an R. I have seen that used. Open your hands in the shape of the handshape B -- straight out not flat, and then move the weak hand down and the dominant hand up both closing to make a handshape or the letter s .. also a fist. That's another. There are so many signs for mean.

I use the sign cruel for something like "That was mean!" I'd sign it like THAT CRUEL.

But I think the other mean that has intend beside is used in the context of "I meant to call you last night, but I forgot." or something like that. In other words - It was my intent to call you last night but I did not.

The sign for cruel is the same sign for rude, mean, etc.

Back