What should I do?

Hockey94

Reaction score
I hang out with a friend, who is hearing impaired with one C.I, and one hearing aid.

Edit: I have bilateral C.I's and another point I should make is I am more oral then she is - she has a translator whereas I don't.

We always hang out in a quiet room in the school, but latley I feel annoyed having to be there all the time, it is quiet.

We do talk usually, but sometimes she doesn't talk and is texting, or on Facebook often.

I feel like I always have to start the conservation, but usually doesn't last long.

Funny though, only thing that gets her talking, is about a boy she likes.

I've always asked her if she wanted to hang out by the Cafetaria or Student Lounge, she is relutcent and dislikes the noise. I suggested walking around, but it feels like she likes being in that room only.

I do have other friends, but sometimes I don't know where they are.

I kind of want to hang out around other people, but it's usually noisy and I have trouble following conservations.

I don't know what to do... I'm seriously bored of that room, but I also like hanging out with her despite her habits.

I don't know.. she doesn't seem to like talking alot.. and I run out of things to say.

Even when I tell her about a guy I like, she doesn't seem so interested... and replies with an "Oh".

I don't know if I should just leave her by herself, by saying I'm going to be hanging in the lounge? It sounds rude but if I explain why... it sounds rude as well.

I like hanging out with her of course, but those days where she's quiet and not talkative just leaves me bored...

Any suggestions what I should do? I feel kind of torn. :/

Maybe you spent too much time with her - give her bit more space.

Wirelessly posted

Meet new friends at school that you can hang out with .

It sounds like both of you and her are not each other's type, IMO. In other words, move on.

Back