what rocks your world and is your favorite subject to talk about in a post?

dreamchaser

Reaction score
What discussions are you most inclined to join? What matters most in your life? Economy? jobs? education? love? news? deaf products? What rocks your world?

Issues with Deaf education, language, penisarium, and Deaf-related stories or news.

Those are the first threads I choose first and if I have time, I will check the other threads.

Issues with Deaf education, language, penisarium, and Deaf-related stories or news.

Those are the first threads I choose first and if I have time, I will check the other threads.

Ditto, except for the pensarium threads.:giggle:

The pensarium threads is a great diversion for me if I needed a laugh cuz the other subjects are usually serious. I need that good balance from time to time. :)

The pensarium threads is a great diversion for me if I needed a laugh cuz the other subjects are usually serious. I need that good balance from time to time. :)

I'll have to start checking them out! Laughs are good!

My family is most important to me - - mom and my children. God is also so very important, as well. It would rock my world if I had some friends who can't hear/hoh. Other than that, sleep rocks my world.

My family is most important to me - - mom and my children. God is also so very important, as well. It would rock my world if I had some friends who can't hear/hoh. Other than that, sleep rocks my world.

How coool,, we should post a thread about sleep... LOL,,,

Pen a what?

There is always more posts than I can read in a limited amount of time, but the news on Deaf ed are way interesting to me. I am learning alot. I also like to see new students here, because this is where they need to be to understand the people that they will one day be helping (i hope) with their interpreting skills. I love it here. Never bored,

For fun on my own time, I visit favorite AD game threads and surf what's new in general chat, current events, and education. Creative writing rocks my world, but not very many here are as enthusiastic about fiction by and about the deaf. Actually, a writing site I visit shows more interest in deaf characters, but I get lots of character ideas from lurking around at AllDeaf.

Last edited:
Deaf culture. I like to discuss what is wrong to do in it and how it is evolving.

Favorites:
Religious, Current events, Debates, General Chat, Parenting, Pets and Relationships Sub-forums.

Least of my likes:
Pensarium, Cochlear Implants/Hearing aids, Sports, Auto Talks, Computer, ISP & Programming Sub-forums.

Deaf Education, Current Events, Our World, Our Culture, Our Pets, General Health, Sign language & Oralism and General Chat.

I'll have to start checking them out! Laughs are good!

I agree with u..laughs are good. I laugh at almost anything cuz I dont take a lot of things seriously.
Life is too short to be serious and anal all the time. I get enough of that at work.

Genealogy - it is almost like being a detective chasing down clues in finding names, dates, etc. Sometimes I got lucky out of blue like the lady who called to give me a picture of my dad's first wedding from her recently passed-away aunt's scrapbook. Her aunt was a bridesmaid then. She also gave me a pressed flower that is from 1940. Now I know the wedding date of my father's first marriage.

Dachshunds - I had two but they passed on. I will want to get another two when my situation is better. I just like to take them out for a walk.

Books - I just love to read mysteries. I got too many books that I need to read and get rid of.

Deaf Education and improvement for the Deaf.

DNA and Genetics - I just love to read about it as it is a fantastic subject.

Dogs - I walks all kinds at the shelter, havent got my own yet, undecided which breed to get but will be a large dog or bitch
Books - I like non fiction got too many too, guess will good for old age (as long as i could afford them strong glasses by then)
Deaf and Disability - this is a huge interest to me i like to see more interaction between two paradigms
Gym - I enjoy going to the gym alot, and big satisfaction for every growth I get by centimeters.....
"double watching people' especially when i interact with all sort of people, especially 'freinds' i mean i see more and more veiled arrogance and the workings of society channelled throught them, its like tripping man, except im not tripping...

Genealogy - it is almost like being a detective chasing down clues in finding names, dates, etc. Sometimes I got lucky out of blue like the lady who called to give me a picture of my dad's first wedding from her recently passed-away aunt's scrapbook. Her aunt was a bridesmaid then. She also gave me a pressed flower that is from 1940. Now I know the wedding date of my father's first marriage.

Dachshunds - I had two but they passed on. I will want to get another two when my situation is better. I just like to take them out for a walk.

Books - I just love to read mysteries. I got too many books that I need to read and get rid of.

Deaf Education and improvement for the Deaf.

DNA and Genetics - I just love to read about it as it is a fantastic subject.

How cool... You should start a thread with the mods... Make a category and see if it grows... I would love to know about some of those things!

Dogs - I walks all kinds at the shelter, havent got my own yet, undecided which breed to get but will be a large dog or bitch
Books - I like non fiction got too many too, guess will good for old age (as long as i could afford them strong glasses by then)
Deaf and Disability - this is a huge interest to me i like to see more interaction between two paradigms
Gym - I enjoy going to the gym alot, and big satisfaction for every growth I get by centimeters.....
"double watching people' especially when i interact with all sort of people, especially 'freinds' i mean i see more and more veiled arrogance and the workings of society channelled throught them, its like tripping man, except im not tripping...

That was pretty profound,, it is like tripping... REAlity can be at least as interesting as fiction.... Are you weighing in on the creative writing thread.. Have you though about writing... If you love books that much,, you probably have one just waiting to be born... You could use the experiences of the people watching that you do,,,, and turn it into a story... Use their personalities,,, Your ability to see into people is a gift, especiallyfor a writer... One thing a writer has to struggle for sometimes is a character and a subject,, and it sounds like you have those... Life may not be here in ten years from now,,, so plant your seeds now.... :) God Bless and best of luck.... By the way,, I better get a copy of your first book,,, believe me,, if you have too many books,, it is because you a writer just waiting to be published...

I lurk around on here but haven't been posting much, just reading. I like to read a lot, stuff like Laurell K. Hamilton's books and Anne Rice books. I read stuff that mostly is about vampires but I also like forensic books. I like to read the cases and case studies and findings. How they do D.N.A. testing, all the different kinds of tests, study of the bones collected in old cases, things like that and just about anything medical. I like watching and reading about accidents and surgeries , like watching the discovery health channel when they are doing documentaries on gastric bypass or real emergency room videos. there is also a feed on my satellite where you can tune into some of the surgeries being performed at U.A.B. in Birmingham, it is supposed to be a feed for teachers in the medical field for them to show their students and not interfere with the surgery but I love stuff like that. I also get several daily emails about dogs. my fave is at Free newsletters, comics, books and much more! - ArcaMax Publishing :cats and dogs, they do a small story about a breed and a small story the author decides to write about and then at the bottom of the news letter is two pics of the day with a small caption. a lot are funny and a lot are sweet. and then there is the most sacred of all things to me: my husband and our hairy four legged son Ozzie, any time I can spend with them is very cherished.

Back