What % of friends on your Facebook are people you've never met in person?

What % of friends are people you've never met in person?

• None

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1-24%

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 25-49%

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 50-74%

• 75-99%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You've never met any of your friends on Facebook

• Total voters

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
What % of friends on your Facebook are people you've never met in person?

I make a lot of friends with people in auto and bike business. Deaf World too. I've not met a lot of them, but I make friends with them because I share same interest with them.

For example, I was member of a Jeep website for many years. I've not met many people from there, but I've them as my friends. I know that some people that I personally know have met them. Therefore, I add them.

I'm interested to know what # of friends are people that you've not met?

I only know a few that I never met now, but when I first started facebook it was about 90% whom I didn't know because I just had spinal surgery and was top gun in Mafia Wars ! Well once I maxed out in Mafia Wars it was no longer fun so I cleaned slate and just kept friends, now I have a few friends of friends on FB but I don't think it even makes up 1%? But I would like to get to know more of the people here and become FB friends, I have a few people from my other sites ( trucks/VW/ect...) that are local and want to become friends as well, Which I want to build my circle of friends.

You can't tag people on a pro page if you're not friends with them first. I'm friends with a lot of people I don't know or barely know.

That also means I get a hell of a lot of invites for farmville and candy blah. Every last person who invites me to play a game gets blocked. Stupid invites for dance parties and stuff get blocked immediately too. lol I hate Facebook.

Last edited:
only a few i never met ones i play games up against, mostly there connection between me and them in someway..few wildlife groups and local things to me,but i dont want loads of people..i get loads of junk on it at best of times,i would not have fb account but my son post grandson pics so need one

1-24% is alot in between..... should be spilt into two different groups.

for me, i no longer use facebook but when I had facebook, its all people Ive known personally. So it was none. No exemptions. This is how "catfish" situations appear, people are too trusting on the internet.

I originally only signed up just to see what my old high school classmates are doing now. So originally my "friend" list was 100% people I had met in person but at work I "met" some coworkers who happen to live in a different state and we would get comfortable with each other. So even though I have never met the coworkers in person I can consider them a "friend" since we do have a rapport.

As a rule I do not add people that I do not have some kind of connection with; I don't care about building up my friend list just to impress people. I recently added a "friend" that I saw on Tough Love Co-Ed only because she seemed like a pretty nice girl but going through rough times and I wanted to see how she was doing after that show.

I'd guess 5%. 95% is probably family, school and work friends. If I get a friend request and don't recognize the name I check our mutual friends, that will at least tell me how they know me and jogs my memory. If we don't have any mutual friends it's prob some stranger that saw a comment from me on a public post, they don't get added.

I have 5 friends from here on there, and a handful of friends that are friends of a friend. We've talked in the comment section of a mutual friends statuses and got along well and became each other's friends. But that's it. HUGE amount of family on there, probably nearly half.

I've met 99% of my Facebook friends in person. I don't go adding people I don't know, and I don't go adding people I met once through a mutual friend or something. I know all my friends. :)

Back