What Now?

CareyJay

Reaction score
I don't think my test results are accurate. Supposedly I'm 'mild' in high frequencies and that's all, but I think there's something more going on. I got retested on that suspicion about a year ago with the same results. But (correct me if I'm wrong) mild in high frequencies should not explain being unable to understand an adult male speaking to me in a normal voice from a couple feet away while wearing my hearing aids. Or consistently sleeping through fire alarms when normally I'm a light enough sleeper that my cat crawling in bed with me is enough to wake me. Or the fact that I consistently misunderstand my (all male) friends when poor lighting makes it hard to read lips.
I don't know what test was done, but it clearly didn't explain things, so where should I go from here? What tests should I ask about getting done?

Have your hearing aid tested. Try another hearing aid. If you get the same results, then you need further testing by a competent, professional audiologist.

I am completely ignorant, so I could be WAAAY wrong, but I wonder if the issue isn't sound reception, but some sort of processing issue? That your ears hear the lower frequency sound fine, and it is transmitted fine, but something between your ears and brain is preventing you from properly decoding the message? If the hearing test just relies on "raise your hand when you hear the sound", a problem with language processing would probably not show up.

Either way, seems like a good audiologist is the starting point.

Same happen to me. It's just depend on cochlear program like Volume/Sensitivity.

My Nucleus Freedom cochlear test results are almost exactly same for 4 years (8 times tests). I just can't wait for new cochlear to hear better!:cool2:

Back