What next store to be closed nationwide?

My sister worked for K-Mart for 55 years and retired on her own terms but she saw the writing on the wall....she was one of only 6 who went to Chicago(a honorary gathering for 50 plus employees)and enjoyed herself.......

She either started as SS Kresge Co. or was one of the first employees of the original 17 Kmarts that opened in 1962 and retired this year because Kmart has only been in operation for 55 years.

Nope, sears is fading and craftsman tools are china made now so eventually sears, kmart and craftsman will be gone. Home depot is carrying craftsman hand tools now but no power tools. so Craftsman is struggling to stay afloat with desperate measures it seems?
BestBuy was supposed to merge with Sears but that has since been tabled as well.... eventually everyone will be shopping online as even food is being sold and shipped online in refrigerated trucks and insulated coolers. Amazon, Walmart and a few others are doing this already... Talk about a new generation of Fat people due to no exercising to get to the stores.. Just eat sleep and shit in the comfort of your own home without leaving your bedroom to shop and survive.

Craftsmen tools are now owned by Stanley Tool Works. They bought the line from Sears Holdings last year. I have never seen Craftsmen tools being sold at Home Depot and I am in the store several times each day: they sell Husky tools which are also made by Stanley.

Craftsmen tools are now owned by Stanley Tool Works. They bought the line from Sears Holdings last year. I have never seen Craftsmen tools being sold at Home Depot and I am in the store several times each day: they sell Husky tools which are also made by Stanley.

I'm sure that Sears sold Kenmore to other company?

Update: not yet, Sears is talking about sell their brand.

You means blue light special discount? They ended in 1991.

Kmart screwed up after bought Borders, Sport Authority and Office Max, so they sold all of them in 1995, I think so.

Kmart was already in decline in the 90's and buying these stores didn't help them out, in fact it probably accelerated the decline and slide into bankruptcy protection in 2002.

I'm predicting that Sears and Kmart will be disappear by no later than 2020.

I think they will be out of business a lot sooner than that. Once Lampert doesn't have to pay the money for the loan back in taxes, the stores will be closed. As I said he is the village idiot of retail and only thinks about one thing and that is Eddie Lampert and he could care less about the thousands of people who will be out of a job because of the failure of his stores.

Craftsman was one of my father's favorite tool, but not anymore after Sears went downhill so he just bought Stanley most of time.

For me, I prefer Kobalt, even I mostly use their tools to fix the computers and build new PC.

I think they will be out of business a lot sooner than that. Once Lampert doesn't have to pay the money for the loan back in taxes, the stores will be closed. As I said he is the village idiot of retail and only thinks about one thing and that is Eddie Lampert and he could care less about the thousands of people who will be out of a job because of the failure of his stores.

Yes, that's going be very sad for America and I feel bad for employees, so eventually, retail will becoming more compete with hiring, so left many people out of work.

Kmart's failure caused Walmart to expanding like crazy in 1990s and 2000s.

Home Depot here carries them (Craftsman) but like I said just the hand tools no power tools yet. I myself was surprised as Husky is their brand as well as Dewalt and a few others. ( Milwalkee, Ridged, One+..ect...)

Craftsman was one of my father's favorite tool, but not anymore after Sears went downhill so he just bought Stanley most of time.

For me, I prefer Kobalt, even I mostly use their tools to fix the computers and build new PC.

Over the years Sears had many different co.s making their hand tools. They have included: Stanley, Easco, Allen and today they are made by Danaher, but that will probably change now that Stanley owns Craftsman.

Kobalt is actually made by Snap on, so yes, they are good tools.

Home Depot here carries them (Craftsman) but like I said just the hand tools no power tools yet. I myself was surprised as Husky is their brand as well as Dewalt and a few others. ( Milwalkee, Ridged, One+..ect...)

Where do you live? I went online to HomeDepot.com and they don't sell or carry any Craftsman tools there.

Kenmore and Die Hard is about all they have left.

Yes, Sears admitted that they are doubt that Sears and Kmart will going survive.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/22/news/companies/sears-kmart-future/

Over the years Sears had many different co.s making their hand tools. They have included: Stanley, Easco, Allen and today they are made by Danaher, but that will probably change now that Stanley owns Craftsman.

Kobalt is actually made by Snap on, so yes, they are good tools.

Cool, I like shopping at Lowe's for everything that I need.

Where do you live? I went online to HomeDepot.com and they don't sell or carry any Craftsman tools there.

I didn't see Craftsman at Home Depot when I went with my father last month.

Yes, Sears admitted that they are doubt that Sears and Kmart will going survive.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/22/news/companies/sears-kmart-future/

Cool, I like shopping at Lowe's for everything that I need.

I didn't see Craftsman at Home Depot when I went with my father last month.

The only way I could see them surviving is to one, get rid of Eddie Lampert, two, close 1/2 the stores to build capital, three, greatly expand their online stores and four hire someone who knows retail to right and run the ship.

The only way I could see them surviving is to one, get rid of Eddie Lampert, two, close 1/2 the stores to build capital, three, greatly expand their online stores and four hire someone who knows retail to right and run the ship.

Perhaps, Kmart has been face the competition with Target and Walmart, made numerous mistakes in the past and online shopping is getting more popular. Sears and Kmart are in big mess right now, even Home Depot and Lowe's got popular in late 90s or 2000s.

It is too late for Sears to save and they are on the verge of bankruptcy, but Sears could sell Kmart to other companies to keep in operation, so it will going be sad for people whoever live in small cities with no Walmart or Target, but Kmart did survive better with no Walmart and Target.

Perhaps, Kmart has been face the competition with Target and Walmart, made numerous mistakes in the past and online shopping is getting more popular. Sears and Kmart are in big mess right now, even Home Depot and Lowe's got popular in late 90s or 2000s.

It is too late for Sears to save and they are on the verge of bankruptcy, but Sears could sell Kmart to other companies to keep in operation, so it will going be sad for people whoever live in small cities with no Walmart or Target, but Kmart did survive better with no Walmart and Target.

Kmart actually owns Sears, they bought them for 11 billion on November 17, 2004, and they are both under the heading of Sears Holdings Group. Sears Roebuck ceased to exist the day the merger took place on March 24,2005 and Kmart emerged from bankruptcy on the same date.

If Kmart hadn't changed their policies in the early 80's they probably would be where Walmart is today.

Kmart actually owns Sears, they bought them for 11 billion on November 17, 2004, and they are both under the heading of Sears Holdings Group. Sears Roebuck ceased to exist the day the merger took place on March 24,2005 and Kmart emerged from bankruptcy on the same date.

If Kmart hadn't changed their policies in the early 80's they probably would be where Walmart is today.

First paragraph, you are correct about it.

Second paragraph, it will be slightly better if Kmart didn't screw up about everything, if Kmart was successful in my area and convert into Super Kmart so Walmart will unlikely to come or find a different location that is far from Kmart. Walmart expanded out of control in late 1990s and 2000s, so I was whoa... too many Walmart.

Payless shoes filed for bankruptcy and closed about 400 stores.

Payless shoes filed for bankruptcy and closed about 400 stores.

Yes, sad and Gander Mountain is closing 32 stores as well and they filed for bankruptcy.
http://www.ajc.com/business/gander-mountain-closing-stores-here-the-list/YCiIYc3w7SVvE2iCnUgoSL/

It looks like Kmart has 1 Super Kmart to left, so if last 1 is closing then no more Super Kmart.
http://www.deadanddyingretail.com/2011/10/current-kmart-supercenter-locations-as.html

Most Super Kmart closed during 2002-2003, including 2 in Alabama.

According to a Google search of Kmarts and Super Kmarts in my area, it says their are still 30 locations in the SF Bay Area. I know of only 3, one in Freedom, one in Scott's Valley and one in Redwood City and all of them are closing soon.

According to a Google search of Kmarts and Super Kmarts in my area, it says their are still 30 locations in the SF Bay Area. I know of only 3, one in Freedom, one in Scott's Valley and one in Redwood City and all of them are closing soon.

There is no Super Kmart everywhere but Warren, Ohio now.

Big Kmart and regular Kmart still exist.

I learned that older Kmart that wasn't far from my city was formerly S.S. Kresge that opened in 1960 and changed to Kmart in 1965 until closure in 2000 or 2001, also it wasn't renovated since opened in 1960, so I can tell about how ugly is store and too way outdated.

San Jose only had one Super Kmart, it opened in 1997, and closed in 2002. A Super Walmart is there today. It's funny how Walmart took over many of Kmart's policies and is still going strong today.

Back