What kind of videocam address is this?

librarian_holly

Reaction score
Hi all--I remember being part of this forum years ago, but couldn't remember my login. Anyway, I'm HOH, and mostly communicate orally, though I know ASL (and try to use it as much as I can.)

So, I ran into these two deaf women and their adorable hearing daughter who's in kindergarten while on the bus home. Their daughter loves libraries, so I wanted to tell them which public library my HOH friend works at, so they can actually go to her for librarian-type help and just to chat. I couldn't remember the name of the branch, so I asked for their email so I can email them later.

She didn't have email, but she had I think VoIP or something like that? She gave me that address, which ended in comwwdeaf. It was all one word, with no "@" sign in it at all. I had to get off of the bus to hop on the Red Line home, so I couldn't try to figure out how else to contact her. She did say that I should be able to email to this address...I tried, but it's not going through.

So, I'm trying to figure out if there's an online way to send her a message with the name of the library my friend works at, but I can't figure out what company it is, what number I could call to contact her through relay, or anything like that. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction? I promised I would let her know, and I don't want to break my promise.

Last edited:
It doesnt look like a legitimate address . without trying to be techical nor long winded here - email addresses always have person ID @ then domain dot 3 letter suffix.
The address she gave you is either fake or she didnt know how to write her own address.

either way - you are stuck unless you see her again.

and their adorable

How did I know this was going to be sex-thread, just by looking at the title. :P :) Anyway, from your text, it might seem that it could be someone that doesn't know about computers - but may have an email address @ the domain:

Code:
http://www.deaf.com/

Without looking at their website, I'd say to perhaps try username@deaf.com -- or something like that, depending on their setup.

Back