what kind of jobs do u do?

Ive been hearing that rumor that SSI will be cut off for years. Its not true and I doubt that will happen.

Only way for SSI to stop is when the whole social security system fall apart and cannot pay all the people enrolled into the system. Then we are all in deep sh*t becuz that means our economy is going into the crapper--Great Depression II.

Ive been hearing that rumor that SSI will be cut off for years. Its not true and I doubt that will happen.

Only way for SSI to stop is when the whole social security system fall apart and cannot pay all the people enrolled into the system. Then we are all in deep sh*t becuz that means our economy is going into the crapper--Great Depression II.
Let you know, we have been in a depression since 2000 if not earlier. Ther Euro is stronger then our dallor and there is no hope right now with us getting out of this depression right now. All the bull that the government saying we have bounced back and we r not in one is a lie. The unemployment is going up, and nothing is getting fixed.

SSI is designed for people who can't live off it and decide to get a job....those who whine too much that SSI is soo small. I've heard of people who cheat SSI that come from California and use it here in Washington state or other state because their SSI is bigger money than here or other states. There's no evidence because they used California address.

Let you know, we have been in a depression since 2000 if not earlier. Ther Euro is stronger then our dallor and there is no hope right now with us getting out of this depression right now. All the bull that the government saying we have bounced back and we r not in one is a lie. The unemployment is going up, and nothing is getting fixed.

I agree about our economy being in depression and our gov't is feeding us a line of bull. Also our media is owned by a several owners so there is a lack of good reporting/truth by our media. I am sure you are reading more accurate info. from european media about USA.

Ive never been on SSI but from what Ive seen there are people in my neighborhood riding that system for all it is worth. Two of my neighbors get SSI because they are too fat to work, but yet one of my neighbors rides a Harley, drives a nice Ford pickup and has two fourwheelers, and he hunts and fishes. The other says it hurts for him to sit or stand for long periods of time, but yet he drives cross country all the time to buy RV trailers at auction, brings them back here refurbishes them and then resells them for higher prices.

And me, I cannot get a job here in town because I am hoh and many are afraid I cannot communicate effectively because Joe Blow says I cant hear.

Honestly here is a solution.

those who are disabled and willing to work get 2nd priority for jobs after Disabled Veterans. If no veterans apply then that means those who have documented deafness/hoh but still have the ability to perform work get priority as long as they fit the skill set for that particular job. IE - I wouldnt hire someone with high mental retardation to be my secretary, but I would let him be trained to sort parts for a factory. Make sense??

And people that are riding SSI and griping about never having money that are perfectly capable of working need to get off their rumps and work.

I agree with scubalady tx.

I use have SSI before, it is really suck. I cannot use it anymore and I have to pay them back!! I owe SSI back. They say I make too much money. OH well SSI don't know any better with deaf people.
I'm happy I got a job and I don't have to worry about being broke.
You right they might cut it off SSI. So, deaf people better hurry up get a job before it too late.

Oh yes ! ! Many friends of mine told me about "overpayment" What the heck?!? I think Gov should pay the attention more on SSI system :eek3: .. Sometimes they are errors to overpayments.. jeez.. what a idiot ! I feel bad for others.. that isnt their faults.. oh well..

M-:afro:

Scubalady tx,

Yep, it did happen to me. When I get the letter, its say overpayment. They always make mistake. They did pay me lots of money at first and then later they say I make too much money, then I have to pay them back.
So, just forget SSI. I got job better now, but I still have to pay SSI back and it is no fun.

No matter what if you get SSI or SSDi it still isn't enough to live on. I get SSDI cuz I have vertigo with the hearing loss. Some days it just makes me so sick I can't walk. I have problems in the car and driving when it's raining or the sun is too bright and also at night. I have BFA and I want to go back to work cuz it's driving me crazy to sit here all day. I'm not sure what I can do until I get this vertigo under control. I was in retail management. But I think I want to work at the college I went to. I can't live on what I'm getting. Aliboo

im bored so i decided to post a thread. tell me something abt your job if u have one. do u enjoy that job? if ur a college student... what major? if ur on ssi... if ur willing to give us a reason why ur on ssi please do so.

I work for a well-established architectural firm as an architectural designer/drafter. I mostly specialize in residential buildings in the Pacific Northwest region and sometimes in California. I really enjoy my job, because I enjoy creating new buildings and working on AutoCAD. I do not have a SSI. I have a decent income and excellent benefits.

I am a manager at a collection agency. We work primarily for the U.S. Department of Education on defaulted student loans. I really enjoy my work. Not only do I get to talk to people all over the world and help them get back on track with their loans. I also train others how to collect. Since most of the job is on the phone, it was hard for me until I got my HA's. Now that I have them I don't have to have double amplifiers hooked up to my phone. I do not have SSI. I have a really good benefits package and a very good income. Unfortunately my employer is not very "deaf friendly" and most there don't understand how hard it is to be "HOH" and try to work on the phone all day.

Back