What kind of deaf technologies do you use?

lanterna

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering what all technologies everybody else uses.

an ADer here named jinxedkitten. she's my secretary.

lol
FM system, computer notetaker/maybe CART this year and possibly an oral terp but looking into it

HA's, VP, pager and personal listening device.

lol, that's phunny wife u said that?

HA's, pager, VP, laptop, alarm devices, TV closed-caption.

Last edited:
:lol: a little bored here, I guess so I'm goofing off...

Wirelessly posted

Laptop, hearing aids, smartphone.

Not sure if I should hook up my vibrating alarm clock to a lamp or just leave my smartphone to do the job.

Vibrating alarm clock when needed. Computer P3, Skype. Pen and paper. (I know that's not technology, but, it's all I have right now.) Netbook is sick and waiting for repairs. CapTel phone. Light-up phones.

Modern Tech

I might get the new TEK device for my new hearing aids. Bluetooth for the deaf...what a concept.

For now, it's an alarm clock, a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector with strobe lights and a doorbell that turns on a hall light. I also use close captioning on TV (it sucks that CC doesn't work on HD cable).

Hearing aid, pager, video communication, small pack of dogs. (or pack of small dogs is also accurate)

VP, baby crier, computer/laptop (now my laptop is out of order for a while :( ), CC, hard wired fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector

No cell phone yet...one day we will get one. :)

Hearing AIDs, VP, sonic alarm, home security system with strobe lights, pager, and telapathy.

VP, Z4, pager, vibrator.. or is that classified hearing technology?

Cell Phone (if that counts)
Text and Video Relay
Vibrating Alarm Clock
Vibrating Kitchen Timer
Door Beacon for Knocking
Strobe Smoke and Carbon Detector
Closed Captions
Notebook
and Boyfriend Learning ASL

Cell Phone (if that counts)
Text and Video Relay
Vibrating Alarm Clock
Vibrating Kitchen Timer
Door Beacon for Knocking
Strobe Smoke and Carbon Detector
Closed Captions
Notebook
and Boyfriend Learning ASL

Where did you find a vibrating kitchen timer? I really need one of those. Also, I wish I could get the strobe lights for the door and such, but have to wait until MIL is gone. It's her house.

Back