What jobs can you do with hearing loss?

Hospital distribution (supply) makes good money and most hospitals have great insurance.
My wife is a hearie and works in sterile supply and makes great money, works 4 10 hour shifts a week, 1 weekend a month, and has the best insurance around.

She has always said that I could do the job.

You can be a Jedi. You don't need to hear to tap into the Force.

I work at a hotel in the front office doing admin work. I wear my hearing aids and can talk well enough for people to understand. I've had a lot of different jobs where being HoH isn't a problem..

That is so true... I wish it were not but many people are simply very biased against us. It is an ongoing battle and we can never prove such discrimination even though we know that was it! It isn't a matter of skills, it is a matter of personal biases by those responsible for hiring and firing. I have even lost 2 jobs because of such personal biases by a new supervisor or department head. (I have a BA degree and multiple talents... but oh facing those biases was not fun!)

Going through agencies does help to land a position, but again, keeping that position if it is a temp to perm depends on those responsible for hiring.

That is a mindset I don’t allow myself to be subject to. Either sue ‘em all or learn to provide communication ideas to potential employers. Not all of them are expected to know D|deaf expectations, so work with them. True audism isn’t really common, but if you hang on to separatist ideals, it won’t get you anywhere. Bridge the communication gap both of you can work with, crying foul on the first instance is just so...

deaf pilot can small plane, not big plane
https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/deaf_pilot/

There are a few deaf firemen who were mentioned In Deaf Thought Police on Facbook

CDI as interpreters

There are deaf engineers. one at Boeing.

Police and military no deaf.

deaf pilot, fireman, zoologist, interpreter, engineer, president, and billion more to list, you should have asked which jobs deaf cant have (really few) :lol:

That is a mindset I don’t allow myself to be subject to. Either sue ‘em all or learn to provide communication ideas to potential employers. Not all of them are expected to know D|deaf expectations, so work with them. True audism isn’t really common, but if you hang on to separatist ideals, it won’t get you anywhere. Bridge the communication gap both of you can work with, crying foul on the first instance is just so...

I LOVE this and I love your attitude!!! You rock!

Back