What is your work commute like?

When I worked at the BBB a while back (1990-1996) there was a man in our office who drove from South Miami to West Palm Beach daily. It was a 2 hour drive on a good clear day in one direction. Most days, it took him 3-4 hours each way just due to the high volume of traffic. He was killed in a car accident, just 15 yards from his driveway.

Oh, poor him!!!! He must be very tired of communting so far away back and forth everyday....it could get him exhausted easily as well. My good friend lived in Tallahessee and his work was in Mount Dora which is 4 hours each way...he traveled there back and forth every weekend for a year.

I might commute from my bed to the kitchen. Maybe just go as far as the living room if it's a home ec morning and my 13 and 16 year old are fixing my breakfast.=)

My husband, until recently, was a regional supervisor for several grocery stores. One was two hours northeast of us, one an hour south, another an hour north and west. Some days he had to hit all of them in a day. He felt like a truck driver more than a manager.

Now he's an aide in the special ed class at school and he has a ten minute commute. However, we actually spend more on gas, because the previous job provided a gas card.

Must be your all time favorite commute route?

Yes, I like it.

My mom used to commute something like 2 hours or more to work. She lived in Palmdale and worked at Edwards AFB.

do not work, so, no commute.
giggle.gif

nope, stay in my king size tempur-pedic adjustable bed. just reach over to the night stand to either grab tv remote or laptop. or sometimes reach into the mini-fridge for a frosty beverage. I do get out of bad to use toilet. other than that just chillin'...
21kbkm8.gif

about 10-15 minutes if I take the interstate and depending on how much traffic there is.

My tax dollars at work!

nope, stay in my king size tempur-pedic adjustable bed. just reach over to the night stand to either grab tv remote or laptop. or sometimes reach into the mini-fridge for a frosty beverage. I do get out of bad to use toilet. other than that just chillin'...
21kbkm8.gif

Back