Votes: 1 1.6%
  • White/Hispanic mixed

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • White/Black mixed

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
I am sorry. Do you want me to edit this poll? Just an Eskimo or American Eskimo Indian? Please let me know. I will have Moderator edit it.

Eskimo

Many thanks for your understanding :)

I know a deaf Korean girl for Jillio. 20 years old, born in Seoul, knows KSL/ASL/spoken Korean as well as English.

Pretty gal and smart too!

She is a student at Seattle University, studying nursing.

Oh wow! I didnt know that Jillo liked girls. Interesting.

Ohhh forgot..I am Cacausian with 1/4 American Indian mixed in.

I'm a Cajun. That's it. Cajun. I'm damn proud of it!

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

I'm a Cajun. That's it. Cajun. I'm damn proud of it!

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Is there a difference between a Cajun and a Creole? Just curious..

Is there a difference between a Cajun and a Creole? Just curious..

I got this off "Wikipedia".

Louisiana Créole refers to Americans of various racial descent who are descended from the settlers of Colonial French/Spanish Louisiana. The commonly accepted definition today is for the community whose members are a mixture of mainly French, Spanish, African American, and Native-American heritage. Some may not have each ethnic heritage, and some may have additional ancestries. Contrary to popular belief, a Créole does not exclusively pertain to persons of French and African descent.

Historically, Créole was used in early generations to refer to colonists of French descent who had been born in Louisiana and were thus native to the territory, compared to new immigrants. The word was also used for black slaves born in Louisiana, as opposed to those born in West Africa and transported from there. French Créole became the term for those of exclusively French descent after there grew a Créole population of mixed-race ancestry. Today, many multiracial Créoles of partial French descent also call themselves French Créole.

People of relatively pure African-American, French or Spanish descent with family roots in Louisiana who were raised under the Creole culture also have called themselves Creole. Today Louisiana Creole has come to mean those people of mixed ancestry. In the colonial and antebellum years, Creoles of color had formed a third class between Europeans and enslaved Africans.

Cajuns were always excluded from this distinction. They lacked social status in old Louisiana and were of mostly white Acadian background, although some were mixed race like Creoles. Due to this, some Cajuns might choose to refer to themselves also as Creole.

I got this off "Wikipedia".

Louisiana Créole refers to Americans of various racial descent who are descended from the settlers of Colonial French/Spanish Louisiana. The commonly accepted definition today is for the community whose members are a mixture of mainly French, Spanish, African American, and Native-American heritage. Some may not have each ethnic heritage, and some may have additional ancestries. Contrary to popular belief, a Créole does not exclusively pertain to persons of French and African descent.

Historically, Créole was used in early generations to refer to colonists of French descent who had been born in Louisiana and were thus native to the territory, compared to new immigrants. The word was also used for black slaves born in Louisiana, as opposed to those born in West Africa and transported from there. French Créole became the term for those of exclusively French descent after there grew a Créole population of mixed-race ancestry. Today, many multiracial Créoles of partial French descent also call themselves French Créole.

People of relatively pure African-American, French or Spanish descent with family roots in Louisiana who were raised under the Creole culture also have called themselves Creole. Today Louisiana Creole has come to mean those people of mixed ancestry. In the colonial and antebellum years, Creoles of color had formed a third class between Europeans and enslaved Africans.

Cajuns were always excluded from this distinction. They lacked social status in old Louisiana and were of mostly white Acadian background, although some were mixed race like Creoles. Due to this, some Cajuns might choose to refer to themselves also as Creole.

That's interesting. My friends live in Louisiana. Their skins are Cajun.

Okay I voted, 'Other'.

I'm red feathers, yellow beak with blue shirt and blue ballcap! :)

*BWAK BWAK!* :giggle:

Good question, now I'm curious......

Yes, there is a difference. A Creole is African American, French, and Spanish, with a bit of American Indian thrown in. A Cajun is short for French Arcadian.

Back