What is your profession?

I work with lawyers as a Secretary to the Supervising Attorney. My career goals are to work in the field of Human Resources to job place people with disabilities with jobs that they are interested in and become and Certified Deaf Interpreter!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Just applied for a job with a security company. If I get it, I would be installing security systems.

grad student - all I do is studyand research. The greatest piece of advice I was given was to "go to all the happy hours you can kid....because you are going to be here a long (insert swear word here) time..." I am looking forward to a career change - possibly in a year.

I'm a Family Advocate and the founder of Georgia Family Rights, Inc. I work with families who have been falsely accused of child abuse.

Stay-at-Home-Coupon-Mom

Coupons have currently saved almost 35 percent of total concerning food and household items.

Student at the minute...

Hoping to be a special needs teacher (specifically working with the deaf)

Ever since I was a little girl, I always want to become a model, I am on a right path now :)

There is a Deaf model named Nyke Prince. You might check her out on FB, Youtube, Myspace, and with StormFX and Keith Wann.

I saw her on deafblog. She is cute and I like that she shows off her HA proudly.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

You were part of my social experiment! :naughty:

I knew that I would get more responses from men if I say I work as a pole dancer or whatnot in similiar industry than if I say I work as an administrator. This clearly proved that no one wants a brainy gal :lol: I was waiting to see who would be the first guy to take the bait :D

You got :Owned:

I kinda thought you were joking about being a pole dancer, and was wondering who would fall for it first! LOL!! I was health aid , I would loved to had worked the FBI like one of my uncle did! I never met him ,but he sounded really cool to me when I was kid!

well, I was an animator unto last year but that place shout down now I sale woman's shoes.

EDIT: I was an animator in R&D not entertainment

Currently a grad student studying international and social development. Ultimately, in the future, I'd like to start my own not-for-profit company delivering services to the deaf children of developing countries (particularly South-East Asia and the Pacific).

Ye gads where do I start? I've been working legally since I was 15, I'm 37 now. I've done food service as cashier, waitress, Maitre D', fry cook, prep chef, head of mobile kitchen, assistant manager and bouncer. (never a bartender though, I am not talented at making drinks) Within that realm I think I've worked at well over 15 fast food establishments, 4 small restaurants and 1 high class restaurant. I've worked sales(phone and store). customer service, receptionist, secretary, phones, fraud investigator, drafter for an assistant engineer in a metal fabrication company, firefighter I, Gunners Mate in the U.S. Navy, tech solutions for Circuit City's OEM division (I sent people crappy replacement stuff for their broken brand new stuff and tried to convince them that's what they paid for), manual labor, cleaning, ranch hand, mover, student research at Oregon State University's agriculture department, stocker and cashier at WinCo supermarket, dog trainer, horse trainer, and farming.
Right now I work as a writer/reviewer/editor and a mom of 2 for at least half the week, which I dearly, dearly, love.
I really want to get back to my chosen goal of farming, perhaps hydroponics. I would love to have some animals again. I'm 12 credits away from a degree but for personal reasons I cannot go to school. I may be forced by circumstance to retrain for a different job but I really just want to feed people.

I'm working as a cashier at the moment. I have an associates degree in the arts.
I've been thinking about going back to school and what career I want to have.. I'm currently completing some career assessments through some books I bought on that subject. Part of the assessment was to daydream your self 5 years from now and what it would all be like.

[I]I found myself daydreaming about the deaf community and technology to make our lifestyles better. I want to learn ASL and mentor children with hearing loss, since I never was able to talk to someone when I was growing up.
What I'm really interested at the moment is what in the world I need to study in order to make our lifestyles better, and HOW will I accomplish it... Its so scary and I'm not sure whether I can do it but I think I really really want to try!!!
Does anyone else have the same career aspirations?
[/I]

Back