What Is Your Most Memorial Moment In 2011?

My most memorable moment has yet to occur; later tonight... ♥

Not much except to watch my MIL's health slowly deteriorate over several months with her progressively worsening Alzheimer's every time I visited her while I helped my wife take turns with her sister in caring for their mother to help out their father where she finally died on my wife's birthday a few months ago. Now, I just found out that my wife's father will need a heart bypass surgery next week. 2011 felt like it was a slow, grinding year. :/

Here's to 2012.

Not much except to watch my MIL's health slowly deteriorate over several months with her progressively worsening Alzheimer's every time I visited her while I helped my wife take turns with her sister in caring for their mother to help out their father where she finally died on my wife's birthday a few months ago. Now, I just found out that my wife's father will need a heart bypass surgery next week. 2011 felt like it was a slow, grinding year. :/

Here's to 2012.

Alzheimer's is not a pretty one. My mother went through that. She ended up in ICU because she would eat food, but forget to swallow it. Just kept packing her mouth until she choked. She finally succumbed to various unrelated ailments (stroke, urinary infections, respiratory disease.) My sympathies to you for enduring this. "The long goodbye" I have heard it called.

Here's to 2012.

Alzheimer's is not a pretty one. My mother went through that. She ended up in ICU because she would eat food, but forget to swallow it. Just kept packing her mouth until she choked. She finally succumbed to various unrelated ailments (stroke, urinary infections, respiratory disease.) My sympathies to you for enduring this. "The long goodbye" I have heard it called.

My condolences to you both. Alzheimer's is called the cruel disease.

Well, she had a 7-bypass heart surgery about 15 years ago and got by with about 50% to 60% heart capacity. That gave her a new lease on life for another 10 to 11 years until Alzheimer's was becoming apparent. Over the last year or so her heart capacity went from 50% all the way down to about 20% (borderline for congestive heart failure) by February. Even sitting up caused her to sweat. Her heart gave out in the end. She couldn't see much. Lost a lot of her hearing. And she was starting to have trouble eating. Doctor in February gave her 6 months to live...she lived 3 months longer. We'll spread her ashes in 2012 from a friend's yacht once the weather warms up.

We assassinated Osama bin Laden is by far most memorial moment in 2011. After our president confirmed his death, we celebrated wild in front of white house. Very,very special moment for me.

USA
USA
USA

So far, I have to say the most memorable thing for me was getting the news from my mother's doctor that her liver functions did not worsen this year at all. Not bad considering that she has cirrhosis of the liver due to Hepatitis C.

The first day of my homeless project, I will not forget that.

and this

The hell I went through with my ex. Now that was memorial and not a very good memory.

I started learning ASL. Then I came here wanting to learn more about deaf culture. Now an "AD-dict"!!!

A few good memories:

My second great nephew was born.

My eldest niece got married.

Traveled to Perth and later the US.

Starting my 2-year IT program to go into a different career.

Meeting other deafies for the first time and starting to learn ASL.

Las Vegas Musical Theatre, "The Phantom of the Opera" is the most memorial moment :thumb:

My divorce... And after tonight, I refuse to think another minute on it.

I'm not bitter, just moving on.

meeting (online and in person) some of my best friends, getting involved in the Deaf community and realizing, I am not broken!

The conclusion of the legal case-successful- from the falling on my left knee in Mar/05. I broke the Patella and required 5 pieces of K wire. My balance was badly affected -which exists to this day. The company conceded they were at fault by not sanding/salting the pathway into their store-after a snow fall.
Their lawyers thought my Cochlear Implant made matters "worst". Not so- Implant was 2 years later and made no difference.
It seemed that Physiotherapy- 6 months-5 days week- also. made no difference balance-wise. Five years after the fact.
That is one of the reasons I continue swimming-almost every day which minimizes the problem. Their lawyers just smiled that by swimming decrease the effect. So far so good

Back