What is your most difficult or best music piece?

You need to read sheet music in order to memorize the song. Either that or you have the ability to hear music and play it exactly. Or watch videos on which keys to play and mimic the playing and then memorize.

I memorize many ragtime pieces but that doesn't happen unless I read the sheet music first and practice to memorize the notes and movements.

Too true. I do have all kinds of music out in storage. No room in the house for it all. What I play for now, is by memory. Did "Flight of the Bumblebee" today. Not easy, but I got it out. Mother was impressed.

Oh! oh! oh!

The best music piece for me was (is) Beethoven's Adagio from his sonata Pathatique! It makes me cry when I play it!

No you don't. I disagree with that statement. I know many musicians that have learned and play ear.

A deaf person cannot play by ear as far as I know. Even when I was hoh, I could not "play by ear", however, I do know of some hoh people who could.

No you don't. I disagree with that statement. I know many musicians that have learned and play ear.

RD! I bet you can't give an example of a single deaf person who can play by ear. :lol:

And that was the group Kokonut was referring too.

"Seagate Overture", "Pachelbell's Canon in D", "The Cry of the Last Unicorn", "Spoon River": from concert band.
"Chess: the Art of Strategy"," Sir Duke","Just the Way You Are","Isn't She Lovely", "You Are the Sunshine of My Life", "Piano Man": from marching band
"We R Who We R", "We're Not Gonna Take It": from pep band

I've tried Tango guitar and Mozart - both are difficult but I keep trying....

Laura

I don't know what that would be in didgeridoo. I'm currently learning to play it, and the hard part is playing consonants in order to develop fast, consistent 16 notes. I still haven't figured out what that is. One way is playing with my diaphragmatic breathing. Another way is doing "ha-ta-ka, ha-ta-ka," and another way is "ah-ja-da-(circular breath), ah-ja-da-(circular breath)." No fast rippers like this one at 2:35, where he demonstrates what he does with his mouth and then applies it to the didgeridoo at 2:48. I cannot for the life of me understand what he's doing to get the rapid notes he's playing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txxfezo5aUQ]Shibaten - Amazing Didgeridoo Busker 3/4 - Toronto Dundas Square - Nov 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

By the way, I have seen him play in person at the Busker Festival in Lawrence, KS (August 2012). Great guy and great musician.

Last edited:
I'm an all around percussionist, and right now in band I have this complex 3 mallet instrument part with 6/8 time and 4mallet technique. Makes my hands sore thinking about it!

Back