What is your favorite Fast Food Restaurants?

What is your favorite fast food/chain restaurant?

• Total voters
Mod's Note; Thread's moved to the proper forum.

In N' Out is so great, yet so simple! Unfortunately, It is not here in Kentucky. *mutters*

However, Penn Station still rocks!! It's got the best east coast subs that can be ever made. Here's the link of Penn Station - Penn Station

I love eating the chicken teriyaki sandwich at Penn Station's. It is to die for! *drools*

Sad news today, Krispy Kreme (KK) closed up their lone franchise in my hometown!! It is a mixture of good and bad feelings. The good is that I am a Dunkin' Dounts fan, not a KK fan. Secondly, KK should have opened much longer ago than just a few years ago since KK was very popular BEFORE they set up in town. Well, that does it! On that same site KK in Syracuse, it was a Dennys. And that Dennys was one of a few Dennys got into trouble with the government for discrimination on blacks. And a fight there between the two races. So, the chain closed it. A franchisor of KK bought it and rebuilt it entirely into KK. Whats next going to be on the Boulevard site. Maybe Cheesecake Factory? I doubt it since they seemly prefer in malls.

I pray that there will be a Pollo Tropical or Pollo Campero will set up here in the former KK site.

By the way, most fans here in my hometown prefer to stick with chains that really stay here longer. CNYers tend not too friendly with newcomers establishing since they are still upset that those newcomers did not come any sooner with their franchises!

Where are you Cheesecake Factory? Where are you Checkers, Rally, Pig Stands (we used to have them here), Church Chicken, Popeyes, Lums, Grandfather's Pizza, Grandma's Pies (tested once for few months by Carrolls), oh many more! Hey chains, pleaseeeee come to CNY!!!!! We need you!!! We are tired of BK, KFC, Wendys, TB, and Arby's!!!

Yesterday at the Chamber Show, I told the representatives from Carrolls, the largest Franchisee of BK, who also owns Pollo Tropical and Taco Canbano. I told them to bring up Pollo Tropical to CNY!!! They gasped. I wish they also have Carrolls back here in town. They were in Europe until a few years ago! UGH!! I cant believe they had them over there, not here! Geez! LOL!

Most resturants and fast food places create branches by selling the concept to someone who wishes to buy it and set it up.. So you'd need to find someone with about 200k to 1 million bucks to rent or buy the land, build the resturant, purchase the franchise info from the company that owns it, get foods and stuff from the company, hire the staff, and various other expenses.

So basically, the company has to find investors who are willing to take a chance with the specific concept of the resturant in a specific location. And there are not a lot of people willing to own a resturant or fast food joint.

Try watch the Fast Food Nation, you will found out why I am not voting any.

I voted Subway for cold sub but like Quzio for hot sub
I like Italian sub with Cheese or italian bread
Mommyof4
I created this new thread to see which is your favorite fast food chain. There are so many dozens of fast food chains. Please let me know if your favorite is NOT listed by voting "others" and post that other chain that I did not list, perhaps a local chain that I do not know about.

Please do list any restaurants that are no longer exists or no longer in your areas such as Carrols (now BK), Burger Chef (Hardee's), Googie's, Tiny Naylors, Pig Stands, McDonnells (lost to lawsuit brought by McDonalds), and many others!

For me, it is Burger King tied with Pollo Camperos, and Pollo Tropical.

For Non-USA ADers, please do vote your favorite but if there are national or local chains that are not in the USA, please do list them! I like to know more about them! I already know about Pollo Camperos that are from Guatemala and Carrols had a chain in the Nordic countries.

If any of you have a photograph of your favorite chain, I would love to see those pictures of it! Please post them here! I am a googie and the old fast food chain restaurant architectural design fan. Check websites about googie architectures. I love mid-century modernism. I have history books on old diners, drive-ins restaurants, and fast food restaurants.

Try watch the Fast Food Nation, you will found out why I am not voting any.

I have heard of it. You should also watch on YouTube.com since some guys filmed when they walked in fast food restaurants and will not eat until they inspect the kitchen themselves... then saw how horrible the mess were and all that.. then they walked out! It ran like 10 minutes at 3 different locations.. a BK, Arby's, and another restaurant I can not remember now.. My wife used to work in fast food restaurants after high school over 25 years ago.. she remembered how it was.. she said that is typical. Sad isnt it? So, I know what you mean. I hardly eat at BK much anymore. Try eat it, then it upset your stomach. McD was first to go 30 years ago since I threw up after eating it. I said never again at McD. So I sticked with BK and still am only if I have to eat right away.

I could not list more than 20 choices. There are hundreds of chains!! Cracker Barrel seems to be popular and located by the highways. When I was moving to Miami, FL back in January 2002, I recalled seeing so many Cracker barrel signs directing to the nearest franchise by the exit on Interstate 81 and 95. Perhaps more than BK and McDs! LOL!

Dont forget to list other chains that are locals, guys!!! Like we have Dinosaur BBQ and Hoffman's Hot Dogs chains locally that are not usually found in other cities. Dinosaur started in Syracuse but they have a franchise in each city: Rochester, NY and NYC.

My hometown used to have a Pig Stands until the start of 1970s when Interstate 481 was built over it. We also used to have one of earilest McD with the golden arches on the yellow and red salt box shaped building. It was number 27. Demolished in 1983. Been crying in the shakes ever since. We had Carrols restaurants back then before they converted to BK. Even they tried to experment with a new concept called Grandma's Pies--very similar to Starbucks back in mid to late 1970s! Carrols should have established it and compete! We used to have Mister Dounts.

We also used to have Swiss Chalet, Kauaville (sp?) that had a tropical theme. We also used to have Perkins (sold to Dennys), Oh yeah! The beloved TJ's Big Boys Restaurants my hometown used to have! Glad I went to one on Michigan Ave in Dearborn, MI.

I am listing the closed up restaurants, not the ones still in business! We used to have American Cafe until the chain closed up late last year! :(

We used to have White Towers and White Castles! One right by the family's famed landmark building downtown (Gridley Building).

A&W drive-in restaurant. Nearest one is like 30 minutes highway drive away. Groan!

Galvaston. A tex-mex type of restaurant but whole 3 restaurants shut because of just one of them thanks to an outbreak that scared people away. It was empty for many years until a new restaurant namely Tex-Mex from Texas opened up!

Also we had Lums, Popeyes, Church Chickens, and Godfather Pizza chains but again, they are not in business or out of my hometown area. Oh well!!

Also we had Hardee's here but they were bad around here..

I think that is all of chains we used to have. Cest la vive!

Upstat, it's Kahunaville.

I never liked Swiss Chalet.

Remember, we had A&W's everywhere!

I voted Hoffmann's and Denny's because Denny's is good for late night dinner, and I like Hoffmann's especially if it's from Heid's!

Pavone's Pizza in your favorite dead mall was the best!

Upstat, it's Kahunaville. Yeah, I remember them. Awesome place!! Only ate once. I wanted to go during first week but it was too long lines so I said I will wait later.. then put off a few years till the final year! LOL! The entire chain closed up when they sold it to another business. It is hard to stay in restaurant business when you have a theme. Trendy does not help at all. And expensive compared to common simple design.

That is the problem with Dennys. That really killed my liking them. I like the coffee shop feel. Now its a fancy restaurant feel. So, now my wife and I go to Stella's Diner. Heard of that? Its good! And cheaper than Denny's but HUGE platefull of food! We just went there for first time two weeks ago and I ordered french toast (3 stacks) with scrambled eggs and turkey patties. They had to bring out TWO plates full of stuff! Dennys cant compare with size! So, Stella's Diner is our new favorite diner/coffee shop restaurant! I am sure you will like Stella's better than Denny's.

I never liked Swiss Chalet. I know what you mean. It was kind of... weird place. the feel. I was there like 2nd day of opening with a deaf friend and I gasped. NO one was there! We were like.. the only people there. Food wasnt that great. For a chain that makes chicken roast.. best one was Kenny Rodgers. There was one in Rochester. I think they went out of business. Anyway, the current one you should try is Pollo Tropical. Carrol's owns Pollo Tropical and I went to the Chamber of Commerce show and told them to bring it up and they gasped so I hope it is enough public interest to bring Pollo Tropical up to Syracuse!

Remember, we had A&W's everywhere! Oh I remember them! Now, the closest drive-in is in Cortland! GRR! I was there like a year ago.

I voted Hoffmann's and Denny's because Denny's is good for late night dinner, and I like Hoffmann's especially if it's from Heid's! Yeah! Heid's and Hoffmann's!!! I love them!

Pavone's Pizza in your favorite dead mall was the best!Haha. They make good calzones!

I was there just last week and noticed big changes in ShoppingTown, RIT, they closed up quite a bit of stores already in Sears Wing. Some moved like Galaxy of Stars collectiables store moved from Sears Wing to JCP Wing and others already closed. They are getting ready to demolish within six months. I got the brochures for this current mall since it wont be the same. I have not yet gone to the office though. I will though.

And yes, Pavone's Pizza is still hot since I noticed so many people eating on that side along with BK. That health restaurant closed. It was right next to Arby's in the food court and the chinese restaurant on other side of that closed restaurant.

Sad news today, Krispy Kreme (KK) closed up their lone franchise in my hometown!! It is a mixture of good and bad feelings. The good is that I am a Dunkin' Dounts fan, not a KK fan. Secondly, KK should have opened much longer ago than just a few years ago since KK was very popular BEFORE they set up in town. Well, that does it! On that same site KK in Syracuse, it was a Dennys. And that Dennys was one of a few Dennys got into trouble with the government for discrimination on blacks. And a fight there between the two races. So, the chain closed it. A franchisor of KK bought it and rebuilt it entirely into KK. Whats next going to be on the Boulevard site. Maybe Cheesecake Factory? I doubt it since they seemly prefer in malls.

I pray that there will be a Pollo Tropical or Pollo Campero will set up here in the former KK site.

By the way, most fans here in my hometown prefer to stick with chains that really stay here longer. CNYers tend not too friendly with newcomers establishing since they are still upset that those newcomers did not come any sooner with their franchises!

Where are you Cheesecake Factory? Where are you Checkers, Rally, Pig Stands (we used to have them here), Church Chicken, Popeyes, Lums, Grandfather's Pizza, Grandma's Pies (tested once for few months by Carrolls), oh many more! Hey chains, pleaseeeee come to CNY!!!!! We need you!!! We are tired of BK, KFC, Wendys, TB, and Arby's!!!

Yesterday at the Chamber Show, I told the representatives from Carrolls, the largest Franchisee of BK, who also owns Pollo Tropical and Taco Canbano. I told them to bring up Pollo Tropical to CNY!!! They gasped. I wish they also have Carrolls back here in town. They were in Europe until a few years ago! UGH!! I cant believe they had them over there, not here! Geez! LOL!

Cheesecake Factory is sooo good. From what my mom tells me (she's the one who got me interested into retail) there's one in Albany, and Niagara Falla.

Popeye was in Syracuse for a while (On Erie Blvd.)

I was there just last week and noticed big changes in ShoppingTown, RIT, they closed up quite a bit of stores already in Sears Wing. Some moved like Galaxy of Stars collectiables store moved from Sears Wing to JCP Wing and others already closed. They are getting ready to demolish within six months. I got the brochures for this current mall since it wont be the same. I have not yet gone to the office though. I will though.

And yes, Pavone's Pizza is still hot since I noticed so many people eating on that side along with BK. That health restaurant closed. It was right next to Arby's in the food court and the chinese restaurant on other side of that closed restaurant.

I went there to Kahunaville so many times because my brother used to work there at the bar.

I've never went to a Pollo Tropical.

Heid's is the best! We even thought they closed their ice cream house for good but lo behold, they reopened it few years ago! I was impressed with how they kept that place looking like new! I hope to go there next weekend with my fiancee! I hope I can meet you!

I've gone to Steela's. Great food, cheap prices! They're lucky! they have the front seat front and center because they are the ones who will benefit the most from the DestiNYUSA expansion! More mall shoppers means more profits for them when they stop by to eat! But I like Denny the same because if I'm traveling, Denny's will have that diner feeling I get with Steela's.

About Pavone's. I believe they have three other locations you can go to.

I went there to Kahunaville so many times because my brother used to work there at the bar.

I've never went to a Pollo Tropical. When you are in Florida, stop by at one of those Pollo Tropical! Yummy!

Heid's is the best! We even thought they closed their ice cream house for good but lo behold, they reopened it few years ago! I was impressed with how they kept that place looking like new! I hope to go there next weekend with my fiancee! I hope I can meet you! Yeah! I love the architecture of that place! Its cool! Rare 1930s. Ate coneys just a month ago or so there at Heid's.

I've gone to Steela's. Great food, cheap prices! They're lucky! they have the front seat front and center because they are the ones who will benefit the most from the DestiNYUSA expansion! More mall shoppers means more profits for them when they stop by to eat! But I like Denny the same because if I'm traveling, Denny's will have that diner feeling I get with Steela's. Yeah, front row! LOL!! I would still go to Denny's when I am out of town. Big Boy Restaurants are where I go when I am in Detroit. Elsewhere, its different restaurants.. I prefer to try something new and different.

About Pavone's. I believe they have three other locations you can go to.
I think you are correct. About 3 of them. I think they had one in the past at Penn Can Mall and the other was in Camillus Mall years ago. I think they still have one in the city and another location I will look up in the phone book later. LOL.

I think you are correct. About 3 of them. I think they had one in the past at Penn Can Mall and the other was in Camillus Mall years ago. I think they still have one in the city and another location I will look up in the phone book later. LOL.

Yeah, I looked up on Google. They have four locations (for now.)

I loved Heids' Ice Cream place. I loved how it looked. Makes me wish I lived during the 1930's.

Next time I'm in Florida, I'll look Pollo Tropical up.

I miss Big Boy. We had several of these Big Boy's restaurants.

Do you remember a Pizzeria in either Manlius or Cazenovia? It used to be called "Rima's?" (later converted into Pavone's)

I hate to tell you about fast food restaurants. My deaf friend's two deaf friends had a stroke (different times and different places). They were always out to eat greasing foods, and they also smoke a lot.

I usually go out Burger Kings to eat a fried fish about four times a year. That's what we need to think about the right food for our health. Most important for us to eat fruits and green vegetables with your meal. That's about it. Of course, some restaurants are good and healthy...

Yeah, I looked up on Google. They have four locations (for now.)

I loved Heids' Ice Cream place. I loved how it looked. Makes me wish I lived during the 1930's. Yeah, I love it there! My wife and I had some ice cream there before we got married.

Next time I'm in Florida, I'll look Pollo Tropical up. GREAT! Let me know when and how you like it.

I miss Big Boy. We had several of these Big Boy's restaurants. Then when you go to Michigan, you can eat at a Big Boy Restaurant. I will once again this coming January to attend the Design Forum and the North American International Automobile Show at COBO Center, Detroit January 2008! You might want to consider attending but it is on a Wednesday.. Usually 2nd week so I dont know if that conflict your schedule. But we will go eat at BB for breakfast before heading home next day after the conference/car show. But the night before, we will eat at a monogolian restaurant on Mich. Ave. I will let you know the date more specifically.

Do you remember a Pizzeria in either Manlius or Cazenovia? It used to be called "Rima's?" (later converted into Pavone's)
Umm, no, I do not remember Rima's. I remembered there was a Johnny's Pizza in Manlius back in 70s and early 80s. I never ate a pizza in Cazenovia.

Have you ate a pizza from Robbie T's? I know the owner personally. We had a bet that I could eat all the 50 wings and I would not pay for it. But I could not eat all of it (stopped after 30 wings) and paid for it. I used to eat all 50 wings in same night elsewhere. Problem was that Robbie T had larger wings than other places where I had them. That is why I could not finish it. He is sort of a friend. My brother and his friends from church were there and watched me eat as much as I can. Robbie T is popular and busy place. Its in Jamesville.

I hate to tell you about fast food restaurants. My deaf friend's two deaf friends had a stroke (different times and different places). They were always out to eat greasing foods, and they also smoke a lot.

I usually go out Burger Kings to eat a fried fish about four times a year. That's what we need to think about the right food for our health. Most important for us to eat fruits and green vegetables with your meal. That's about it. Of course, some restaurants are good and healthy...

must you tell us that we should avoid that fast food?

Back