What is your audiogram with a cochlear implant

GrendelQ, wow so this is kind of popular the guitar thing, too bad, I loooove those songs with heavy guitar use, so you think heavy specialized mapping can get us these sounds, well I will work on it then, I'm just awaiting to pass 6 months or so and then I can spoil myself.
radka73, it used to be like this in US, actually I was shocked when my audi told me that I qualify for the CI, I was not happy at all, it took me a month to cook it in my brain before I started moving with my research, it seems that US loosened their CI requirements and based on my dr (he is a top professor at Johns Hopkins and wrote a great books about CI) he thinks the sooner you do it, the better, so may be this was a reason to accept people with 70db or less than 80-90 db, I have seen older people get CI and not get great results compared to people in their 20s, 30s and may be 40s?, he warned me that the older I get the less sophisticated results I will get, boy do I think he was right about every single thing he told me, I'm so glad that I traveled to him, it was worth every single penny, I left out the most sophisticated CI center in Los Angeles for him as I did not feel they were for me, I only wanted the best and I felt Johns Hopkins was for me.
so radka73 you are only 14 days post activation? you still very very early your brain is overwhelmed with sounds, just take all the noise and sound you hear and try to recognize them at this stage, don't get bothered with how noisy they are as soon they will amazingly be part of you, it's so funny about the birds, one day I could not recognize them and out of sudden the next day may be at my 10-12th day, I heard them so clear of of the blue without changing the map or anything, very weird how our brain works, I did hear the birds with my oticon hearing aids, almost like 70% similar to what I heard as normal and with the CI now, but my cat liking himself is new to me, LOL, he is so noisy wild cat, once I hear that noise I start laughing as it's so cute :), keep it up radka73, you are very early, you start seeing major breakthrough at one month and then at 2 months and so on, try to listen to pod casts with your direct connect cable, even if you don't understand much, soon the words will come through.
I need to check my speech testing, I'm traveling now and don't have access to that file

Implanted 4 months back, activated 3.5 months back (as of July.24th.11), I got 10-12 db across all frequencies just a week after activation, my results are somehow unusual and my dr was kind of shocked, have Cochlear America

Are these results real in daily life ?

Back