What is this sign?

mom2pt0

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and need help! :wave:

Intro: I'm the mom of 4. My oldest daughter is HOH. This year we/she decided to enroll her in the school for the deaf since she was signing more and more. ODD (oldest darling daughter, does this forum do that??) also has special needs, so communication is difficult.

Question: This weekend ODD started using a new sign that I don't recognize. Non dominant hand open palm perpendicular to her chest, dominant hand thumb touching non-dominant palm, then curling dominant fingers.

I am still learning more ASL and ODD cannot tell me what this means. I think that she wanted jelly beans, but generally we use the sign for candy for them.

Here is a youtube video of me trying to recreate the sign she was doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oly203sbaUw

Thanks!

I'm not sure why the hand/Palm is full. It looks like she tried to say. Later?? I sign with L the same way the video shows with L.

An old sign i have seen before.....means bologna.....

An old sign i have seen before.....means bologna.....

Maybe, but that would be oddly specific for her.

Of note, her classroom teacher just moved to our area, the midwest, from the west coast. He said that some of his signs might not correct for our area.

What State are you in? The sign displayed also looks like "later" or "after a while" but is done with the "L" shape.....

Maybe, but that would be oddly specific for her.

Of note, her classroom teacher just moved to our area, the midwest, from the west coast. He said that some of his signs might not correct for our area.
Just ask the teacher, "What is this sign?"

Back