What is the sign for....

jamielee

Reaction score
I have been trying to find out what the sign for 'seizure' is... any help? Thanks

I use the same sign as I would when I say "I've been tossing and turning in bed trying to sleep" but more rapidly. It makes a lot more sense as it indicates that a person has dropped to the floor and is shaking violently in a seizure.

Sign for seize is... sign for think then sign for freeze shake...

That's the way I learned it, too. My son had febrile seizures until he was 9 yrs old, and a CODA nurse taught me the sign.

That's the way I learned it, too. My son had febrile seizures until he was 9 yrs old, and a CODA nurse taught me the sign.

Yeah... I understand... I learned to help couple friends when they got seizures.. and not to be panic...... one day i went to her apt.. lucky i had her apt key.. i went in trying to wake her up.... i realized she stopped breathing... so i did cpr.. and called 911.. they came and took her to hospital... couple days later ... nurse in ICU called me and told me to come in and talk to her.. she was asking for me.. So i did.. she thanked me for saving her life...

The sign I learned was to grab your dominant hand (which is in closed-fist position) with the other hand and to shake the dominant hand (in fist position) as if you were grabbing a person who was violently shaking in a seizure.

A freeze shake sign is appropriate for an everyday usage. A "v" sign is appropriate when it applies. Be senstive to people with a seizure disorder, they have a feeling and suffer with this disability.

Back