What is the most deaf friendly HDTV?

Barbaro

Reaction score
what about energy efficient?
I have no interest in purchasing a Plasma TV. They get too hot.

Sony?
Samsung?
Insignia?

Thanks!

just look for HDTV with energy star sticker

what about closed captioned? I see some large fonts on some HDTV, which is hard for me to read. It gives me headache.

what about closed captioned? I see some large fonts on some HDTV, which is hard for me to read. It gives me headache.

I wish font size is adjustable :mad2:

the CC on my LCD-TV is too tiny!

Yeah My late grandma had LCD TV with tiny closed captioned. They are impossible to read. I think it's got something to do with the TV size. If TV is small, then CC is smaller.

Does HDTV have normal size closed captioned out there? Do you know any brand?

Yeah My late grandma had LCD TV with tiny closed captioned. They are impossible to read. I think it's got something to do with the TV size. If TV is small, then CC is smaller.

Does HDTV have normal size closed captioned out there? Do you know any brand?

what is "normal" size? it's different for every tv and everybody has different preference. Some people could probably read caption from my LCD TV.

It's best if you go to Best Buy or related to try out the CC on any HDTV/LCDTV you like.

I have not gone to Best Buy yet. I have been to Costco, and saw most HDTV with giant fonts. My concern is that large fonts take over the space, blocking the screen, which I don't like.

I have not gone to Best Buy yet. I have been to Costco, and saw most HDTV with giant fonts. My concern is that large fonts take over the space, blocking the screen, which I don't like.

what tv size do you want?

my tv's Samsung 42" - DLP. old but still good. CC font size is very good. my LCD TV is LG 22". CC size is too small if I sit at about 9-10+ feet away

maybe you can sit closer to TV, that will solve it. Of course, in old wives tale, If you sit too close, you will cross your eyes.

Do LCD TV get a bit hot?

Does the picture quality matter to you? Blu-ray quality is 1080p maximum.

I am kinda pretty sure most if not all 30" don't have 1080p because it's hard to see the difference. It's 720p tops for those.

Above 32" or 37", most likely it will have 1080p support.

CC customization on TV's I'm not 100% sure, varies by TV I guess. :dunno: I can adjust the font on a 37" Westinghouse I bought but this was from 2007 models.

Best looking picture quality out in today's market are Samsungs and Sony hands down. Very sleek.

Don't get 1080p, if you have HDTV is less than 42". The large resolution is well compatible for large display.

CC is now digital, if you're use over-the-air. Unless, you're use cable service thry box which you're struck.

The closed caption in my 42 inches Sony HDTV is dynamic as it can be either lower case or capitalized depending on actions and conversations.

It's best if you go to Best Buy or related to try out the CC on any HDTV/LCDTV you like.

Good idea but the only problem is that some DirectTV and Dish Network boxes disable the TVs CC options and you recieve CC through the box instead.

Oh BTW most of my TVs are Samsung. I have alot of CC options. Size,Font and Color

1. I am not interested in picture quality. I am simple. I have seen Blu-ray before, and it was very nice.
2. I don't have a cable, Dish network or DirectTV. Yes, I can go for over the air since it is free.
3. It looks like you guys have Samsumg. I'm leaning toward Samsung now. I like Samsung have CC options.

Good idea but the only problem is that some DirectTV and Dish Network boxes disable the TVs CC options and you recieve CC through the box instead.

That is something new to learn. I wonder why DirectTV and Dish boxes would disable the TVs CC option.

I wanted to bring this topic to the front again since I'm shopping for a new TV. I want a 40 to 42". We get Over the Air reception; I'd like to find something that's internet-friendly too, ideally with built-in wireless, but if not, then I'll buy a Boxee or something.

Anyone have any preferences between Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, etc. in terms of being CC-friendly?

Back