What is the most annoying questions hearing people ask you?

Yeah like a cop asked me if "I was deaf or something !" He walked away feeling stupid when I told I was hoh !

I pull out one of my hearing aids and they get a dumbfounded look:

"When did you start wearing hearing aids"?

And I reply,

"Since I was 23 years old".

I pull out one of my hearing aids and they get a dumbfounded look:

"When did you start wearing hearing aids"?

And I reply,

"Since I was 23 years old".
I've gotten that question...

and I say since I was 2 years old.

I had a cop ask if I was deaf or dumb and I said yea a little bit of both from a brain injury in the army. His face turned red and he gave me my licence back and said just slow down.

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I hate it when I am on the phone and I tell someone I can't hear them and they'll " That is OK." WTF ! How is that OK ??? I will tell the person
"No, it's not OK I am HOH and can't hear you." and the person will say
again . "That is OK" I really think some hearing people do not know what HOH or deaf means . :roll:

I just tell people to text me I don't like talking on the phone saying huh every few minutes.

I just tell people to text me I don't like talking on the phone saying huh every few minutes.

Oh my gosh - I have this friend who is pestering me to talk on Skype.
I explained numerous times I can't talk via S because of the time inconsistencies which make a helluva lot difference for someone who is lipreading.
she's like "don't worry, you can do it, it's gonna be fine!" - like I need platitudes.
FFS, who is going to feel stupid repeating pardon? pardon? again? say what? - me or her?
and who knows better what I can or can not do, me or anybody else?

I just stopped replying to these requests. ignore them completely. like, WTF!

Fuzzy

Hi,

The annoying (almost stupid) questions are flourisihing since I started to study... The worst of the list is "How you enjoy life if you cannot hear?" ... Really?!!!
Once I got sign interpreters to take classes there were some famous questions "Do you really understand all that teacher says or just few parts?" "Do you have inner voice or inner hands?"

In the statments group is "but you don't seem a deaf person" ... How is supossed to looks a deaf person? Do we have a mark, scar or something?

Wow, you know you don't sound Deaf? Or you know you speak really well for a Deaf person....

Hi,

The annoying (almost stupid) questions are flourisihing since I started to study... The worst of the list is "How you enjoy life if you cannot hear?" ... Really?!!!
Once I got sign interpreters to take classes there were some famous questions "Do you really understand all that teacher says or just few parts?" "Do you have inner voice or inner hands?"

In the statments group is "but you don't seem a deaf person" ... How is supossed to looks a deaf person? Do we have a mark, scar or something?

'Inner hands "??? What did you say to that ?? You could become a standup comedian and use some of this as your jokes . LOL!

I usually get this.. are you sure you can't hear because your speech is very good and this one~ what is that thing in your ears from the little ones.

danasabrina

inner hands, of course, of course. it's like a man's third leg
eyebrow3_zpsneenmo3a.gif

only we women have it in our special, you know, compartment..
that's why you can't see them, but they are there, signing to you. there are!

sheesh..... :roll:

Fuzzy :giggle:

Back