What is the meaning of "self-moderation"?

Liza said:
I agree with Kootchie: Don't take the bait if you know others are trying to piss you off, or if their ideas are so different it makes you want to snap at them. As a friend once said, "Be a lady (or gentleman) and ignore it (the bait)!" I have taken that to heart ever since.

Try to not "point" fingers at your opponent in a debate or discussion that starts with "You" in a sentence: "Oh, you always say that because you are an idiot!" Personal attacks are NOT appreciated and they are always UGLY.

Agree to disagree if it comes down to that! It works, in my opinion.

:kiss: Liza, she also made it a bit more clear of what I was trying to say.

- DONT TAKE THE BAIT!
- Sentences starting with "You" can be such an ugly thing!
- Agree to disagree!

And to repeat what Y said:

Self moderation is when members are able to make posts and keep peace, and solve problems without the government involvment (the moderators). This one is very important to keep in mind.

Thanks for your posts everyone!

Yes, I´m agree with Kuiji75 & Liza.
We should agree/disagree each other respectfully instead of insult etc.
Anyone who is disagree with us is welcome because we´re here to collect your opinion why you are not agree to our view etc.

exactly and making examples for clairifacations is also an example of respect too if u don t want to hear the plm and they badger u with it theres ways to ingore the plm real simple! :) if they bug u in pm and u can't always get the moderator to do the dirty work turn off the pm for a time being, if u have a plm with a Ader and u don't like them either ingore thier posting or set them on the ingore feature like i did many times! some poeple just have no understanding when not to let go, i moved on simple as that when someone starts up something i dont like its either ingore or be banned! so i chose the first before the 2nd :)

knowing ones self

Well I think its all about having comon
Since on how to carry ones self and being
Open minded to control ones words even
If you don't agree with the others opinion.
But I tend to self moderate my self I
Will aways not agree but I just might
Learn if I listen to another persons opinion.
Ps...be safe everyone.

HaloAsesino said:
Well I think its all about having comon
Since on how to carry ones self and being
Open minded to control ones words even
If you don't agree with the others opinion.
But I tend to self moderate my self I
Will aways not agree but I just might
Learn if I listen to another persons opinion.
Ps...be safe everyone.

I agree with everyone here don t allow urself to lose ur temper just respect their opioion even if u disagree and don t bully into an arguement!

Back