What is the cheapest Sidekick on the Internet?

DVDFreaker

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a color Sidekick on the Internet and I see all of them are like $250 to $300 dollars, does anybody know the cheapest to find? Thanks!

I heard you get it cheaper if you agree to a 2 year service contract. I don't know anything more than that bec I dont have a sidekick.

How to find cheapest color sidekick? Keep on looking til you find it months later or a year later lol.

I've seen the cheapest price on sidekick on www.Amazon.com. It looks so great to be true! On the other side....But be careful and always read the fine prints and check out about hidden fees. I would love to hear from someone who got it from amazon.com and hear about it. For me, I'd rather pay a little more for its' worthness. I mean it has to come with a good offer, contract and etc.

Jessie****

Hmm wow, that looks like a good price on amazon.com on the Sidekick, but of course, that is when a plan is purchased and I really don't understand the different plans on amazon.com for T-Mobile neither...

Is Sidekick really the best of all text message devices, besides RIM? I've been looking into getting a new text message compatible 'phone' and it would be a lot nicer to have a asdfjkl; keyboard too... but I'm not really interested in getting the Wyndtel one.

Kinda sucks they're expensive too...

Sweet_KJ said:
Hmm wow, that looks like a good price on amazon.com on the Sidekick, but of course, that is when a plan is purchased and I really don't understand the different plans on amazon.com for T-Mobile neither...

Is Sidekick really the best of all text message devices, besides RIM? I've been looking into getting a new text message compatible 'phone' and it would be a lot nicer to have a asdfjkl; keyboard too... but I'm not really interested in getting the Wyndtel one.

Kinda sucks they're expensive too...

I've been looking at that site (www.amazon.com) again and again to find out about more coverages and plans. It came out it doesn't really give out much information about the plans which really give me the low impression of buying it off amazon.com. I wouldn't say that the sidekick is the most perfect cell phone and text message device of all. Every wireless devices has its own pros and cons. Also, not every cell phone meets everyone's needs. Nothing out there is perfect but for me at least the sidekick would work for me as long it works good. It has great features that accomadates my needs such as emailing, talking to friends using AIM, and storaging important info. and use the internet for easy nagivating when I'm on the road. One of those features doesn't include instant relpy tty conversation. but...fortunately, I found a great site that I can go online using "my future" wireless browswer to use this as tty. Go to http://www.iptty.com/ to see how it works. It's really awesome to find something like that! That is a must for deafies that uses sidekicks. Hope that helps! :fingersx:

I'm really angling to fire off more emails and snail mail letters to the Prime Minister of Australia and T-Mobile to please get the Sidekick and Tmobile to be made available here in Australia.....I got a letter from the PM the other day, thanking me for the letter in regards of having the Tmobile available here -- he apologised and said he didn't think it was possible, but have to talk with the corporate companies and so forth. :roll:

WaterRats13 said:
I'm really angling to fire off more emails and snail mail letters to the Prime Minister of Australia and T-Mobile to please get the Sidekick and Tmobile to be made available here in Australia.....I got a letter from the PM the other day, thanking me for the letter in regards of having the Tmobile available here -- he apologised and said he didn't think it was possible, but have to talk with the corporate companies and so forth. :roll:

Yeah, heh, cell technology is so complicated sometimes. I have been looking for a reliable cell service which also offers text messaging and good reception across the USA and even Internationally (I know there's a special 'chip' that allows for that but major moola $$ for that!)

T-Mobile is very limited in the USA too.... I was originally going to move to North Dakota and they don't offer service up there... geez whiz! Now I'm planning on trekking across the USA towards DC from CA and hopefully I'll have a reliable service and device by then. It is very difficult to get good service... in the USA and I imagine also in Australia too.

I think the Sidekick has the features I really want.. AIM is a must, and text messaging as well. I like the features, I have checked it out too. I guess I'll just wait and see if I'll get a good deal on it before buying.

Yeah amazon.com isn't telling much about the plans, I have no idea if the text messages are even included in the 'unlimited' plan for T-Mobile. *sigh* Technology is a butt sometimes.

Last edited:
Mobile TTY

I saw post from SeattleDeafGirl about www.iptty.com. That is Lormar Logic website for making free relay calls thru mobile web browser like Sidekick or Tungsten. It's pretty good, but u hv to get used to using it. Clicking button every 15 seconds to keep call going...

They just came out with better system. Wow. TTY calling from AOL instant messenger. Like their other stuff, relay calls are free. If you want to call other TTY though u hv to pay, but it's not much.

Free relay from AIM? Yeah. AIM comes with Sidekick, unlimited too. U can also buy AIM for Tungsten and Treo. I really like it. U hv to register, so they will allow ur screen name. Send ur screen name to email customerservice@lormarlogic.com. They will tell u how to make calls.

I might use it from my desktop too... forget ip-relay ;P

I found one that cost for COLOR sidekick is 179.00!!!!

it is on fonewireless.com

WaterRats13 said:

sucks- move back to america :thumb:

MizzDeaf said:
I found one that cost for COLOR sidekick is 179.00!!!!

it is on fonewireless.com

sorry me wrong....

Don't miss your chance to purchase the New T-Mobile Color SideKick at the Lowest Price Ever!

From now until September 30th you can purchase a new Color SideKick for only $179! We guarantee the prices will never be this low again!

Act Now! If you purchase your SideKick before September 30th from http://www.fusewireless.com you will receive:

$120 INSTANT REBATE (No forms to mail in. No waiting on rebates like you do with other companies)
FREE leather carrying case
FREE wrist strap
FREE 24/7 technical and customer support
Remember this is a limited time offer and will expire September 30th 2003. There are only a limited number of SideKicks available at this price. To make sure you don't miss out visit http://www.fusewireless.com today to order yours.

I agree with Mizz Deaf about getting one soon as possible! It'll be high again near thanksgiving and around christmas. Everything goes really high when it comes to holidays since we're trying to get our U.S. economy to improve. Take that advantage right now or you'll wait a longer and wishin' you got it long time ago. :doh:

P.S. Don't even try ebay.

Back