What is that noise?

MuteButton

Reaction score
I'm 2 weeks into 60 day trial of Phonak Smart S III mini's and I'm noticing one annoying issue. My mouse and keyboard...squeak? It's a high pitched wail in my right hearing aid and I am going nuts trying to figure out if the volume is unbalanced or what, but I've got the aids turned down now, but if I turn the volume up to a level where I can hear clearly this horrible shriek comes out the right aid. The left seems to be unaffected by this, but the sound is insidious. I just sit and O.o at my keyboard for 5 minutes afraid to type. It isn't just my keyboard either, I was picking up a prescription and the pharmacy keyboard had the same effect and I was standing about 6 feet away. Any ideas? I go back on the 17th of August for my first post fitting appointment. Any suggestions on how to explain this phenomenon without sounding like a lunatic?

Anyone else have this experience or am I just insane? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Button

Wirelessly posted

Is your hearing aid set on telecoil? If it is, maybe it's picking up some electrical interference? I used to set my hearing aids on telecoil in the car cuz I thought it was kinda cool to hear the interference from the engine.

I'm 2 weeks into 60 day trial of Phonak Smart S III mini's and I'm noticing one annoying issue. My mouse and keyboard...squeak? It's a high pitched wail in my right hearing aid and I am going nuts trying to figure out if the volume is unbalanced or what, but I've got the aids turned down now, but if I turn the volume up to a level where I can hear clearly this horrible shriek comes out the right aid. The left seems to be unaffected by this, but the sound is insidious. I just sit and O.o at my keyboard for 5 minutes afraid to type. It isn't just my keyboard either, I was picking up a prescription and the pharmacy keyboard had the same effect and I was standing about 6 feet away. Any ideas? I go back on the 17th of August for my first post fitting appointment. Any suggestions on how to explain this phenomenon without sounding like a lunatic?

Anyone else have this experience or am I just insane? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Button

My Spice MicroP's also do something very similar, but not with keyboards. Whenever I watch TV, my right aid makes this high-pitched squealing which changes tones with the words. I'm going in soon to have this looked at. It only happens with the TV and -sometimes- music played through speakers like a computer or boom box, and only in my right aid. It is very odd.

I experience seems on pretty notice it on noise issues aware it I find out on really terrible I pretty lots of learn SP hearing aid seems noise headache I am pretty tough know complication on noise adjust to downtime. I guess suggest to your problem hearing aid wrong something happened!

I would recommend seeing an audiologist too, there are so many brands now, with the phonak ambra, oction, widex clear and others that have been mentioned starkey and resound, they all have great specifications and will help improve the hearing loss whilst you are outside. I would do some back ground research first have a look at the actual websites and have a look at the specs. I have personally loved the phonak ambra and it is great for being absolutely anywhere, it has really boosted my confidence. However an audiologist will be able to see what is going to benefit you.

The new HAs are so advanced that when I had a problem, they just re uploaded the programming with out any changes and it resolved the issue. If not, they tinkered with the programming to fix it. I had one HA that had to be replaced because uploading and tinkering could not fix the issue.

You're not insane..but it's cute the way you O.o @ your keyboard XD
I'm not sure what the problem could be, I never wear my hearing aids when I'm on the computer, I always have my headphones in lol I only put my aids in if my mum taps me or starts swaying her hands in my face to get my attention :3

had similar isse with my Phonak Audeu.... it was like chirpping feedback whenn certain keys in the keyboard were hit eyc, But my Audi mad an adjustment and it was fine after that

Back