what is going on hearing people huh!!!

trekwarpspeed

Reaction score
i was really upset that mostly hearing people don't want use call me for soreson (VP) any reasons. i am sooooo :madfawk:! my kid explained them that i am deaf so can use call interpreter vrs. hearing was on the phone talk my kid blah blah then hang up. it happen many times. what is going on? they made soreson box are waste of money...you know what? all my family didn't want call me for interpreter vrs since vp 100... that :tears: same thing my wife's family didnt like it too...but why!!!!!!!!!!!!
what if never happen then i would do something to them really bad one..

Can I ask you? Do you have Directvp number on your sorenson's setting user and look at Directvp? You can pick a number you want. This is for hearing people to call you through vrs not your home number. The home number is for deaf people to dial you. I do understand how do you feeling. Can you talk with hearing people why not use vrs?

i was really upset that mostly hearing people don't want use call me for soreson (VP) any reasons. i am sooooo :madfawk:! my kid explained them that i am deaf so can use call interpreter vrs. hearing was on the phone talk my kid blah blah then hang up. it happen many times. what is going on? they made soreson box are waste of money...you know what? all my family didn't want call me for interpreter vrs since vp 100... that :tears: same thing my wife's family didnt like it too...but why!!!!!!!!!!!!
what if never happen then i would do something to them really bad one..

You should get DirectVP number. Hearing people can call you via that, they dont need to call another number for VRS. Check out your vp 200 settings for DirectVP.

i'm so sorry to hear you are upset.if theres anything i cando to help please let me know.

My hearing relatives don't ever call me on TTY and Videophone. Only my mother calls me on Videophone. My grandmother used to call me on TTY all the times when I was living in the same state. It sure sucks having to call some of my relatives at times.

You re not alone..

My family too.. They said they don't feel privacy with relay :roll:!

Phillip, That's true! My family don't like to use relay to call me through TTY. The relay's sound funny to them. But They like VRS through my VP. They can understand what I was talking about. The VRS is using ASL interpret to help them understand what I am talking about. My mom love to use VRS through me. My friends like to use VRS to communicate with me too. They didn't like the relay through TTY without face expression.

DirectVP = toll-free numbers (855, 866, 877, 888, 899, etc) allows hearing (and deaf) people call deaf people directly through the videophone relay.

VRS = Video Relay Services.

Iam really sorry that u feel this way. Yea, it can be frustrating when some hearing people dont try to meet our needs and expect us to meet their needs on their terms. I believe in both deaf and hearing meeting halfway to meet each other's needs. In a perfect world....

Iam really sorry that u feel this way. Yea, it can be frustrating when some hearing people dont try to meet our needs and expect us to meet their needs on their terms. I believe in both deaf and hearing meeting halfway to meet each other's needs. In a perfect world....

If there is a perfect world!

It's Nothing Do With Directvp!

Can I ask you? Do you have Directvp number on your sorenson's setting user and look at Directvp? You can pick a number you want. This is for hearing people to call you through vrs not your home number. The home number is for deaf people to dial you. I do understand how do you feeling. Can you talk with hearing people why not use vrs?

yes, i had new number from Directvp and gave them over a month ago. i waiting, waiting well nothing happen.... nothing do with phone numbers. only problems is (INTERPRETERS) that is my point got it!!!:pissed:

my guts that hearing people should get free soreson vp (only deaf's parents), i do believe that will help because without interpreters. what if they have do pay for it then they will not call though interpreters. do you agree??

my guts that hearing people should get free soreson vp (only deaf's parents), i do believe that will help because without interpreters. what if they have do pay for it then they will not call though interpreters. do you agree??

I agree that they should get free but that doesn't mean that is how it all will work. Honestly if I ever made some Deaf friends I would use my works lol. I would prefer to have a VP so I could sign back even though my ASL is still very elementary. I have only taken 1 quarter.

I am hearing and am more than willing to use VRS. Since getting his VP, my grandpa refuses to use TTY anymore so I use the VRS quite often to talk to him. I do often get frustrated with the interpreters though since most of them have a very difficult time reading my grandpa. But they're not all bad. My mom works for Deaf Services Center and spends about 12 hours a week interpreting for VRS and she has no trouble but those interpreters right out of school are not usually the best. Most hearing people do not even know about VRS let alone the fact that deaf people rely on VP for communication. I find myself explaining to friends and coworkers about the struggles that deaf people face in this automated voice world we live in. So while I understand your frustration, not all of us hearing people are so bad. Lol

I am hearing and am more than willing to use VRS. Since getting his VP, my grandpa refuses to use TTY anymore so I use the VRS quite often to talk to him. I do often get frustrated with the interpreters though since most of them have a very difficult time reading my grandpa. But they're not all bad. My mom works for Deaf Services Center and spends about 12 hours a week interpreting for VRS and she has no trouble but those interpreters right out of school are not usually the best. Most hearing people do not even know about VRS let alone the fact that deaf people rely on VP for communication. I find myself explaining to friends and coworkers about the struggles that deaf people face in this automated voice world we live in. So while I understand your frustration, not all of us hearing people are so bad. Lol

Keep explaining, please. The more people we have educating the hearing regarding accommodations, the better of the deaf population will be.

Lack of privacy has always been the excuse for lots of hearing people, agencies, and businesses to not use TTY, Montana Relay for the Deaf, and now video phones.

It's just another audist excuse to refuse reasonable accommodations.

Back