What is better way to censor spoilers? (Request)

Nice examples! Thanks for it.
I hope they won't be hard to implement..

Yeah, I remember sometimes I had used the spoiler tags to cut a big text too like copy and paste from an article. It saves the post size and made it smaller. So the spoiler tag can be used for many things it seems.

With some forums, it's already pre-programmed. It just has to be enabled. I don't know about AD though.

I hope so, too. It's just worthy try to do it. It's up to Alex. I hope he will try it! :)

With some forums, it's already pre-programmed. It just has to be enabled. I don't know about AD though.

Hmm... I remember this forum is just created in 2003 so I don't know if this forum could have it. Hmm.

televisionwithoutpity.com uses black bars for spoilers. You can click on the bar and it disappears so you can read what's underneath. Or leave it alone if you want to be "unspoiled."

I was thinking, what if you guys made a separate thread for each Switched at Birth episode for discussion? Is that a good idea or bad one or would you rather all have it in one thread? I wouldn't have control over how the threads turn out, but the users can then read each topic for that episode only, rather than all episodes at once.

We would have different threads in the tv/movie section, they could be:
1) Switched at Birth Season 1 Episode 15 "Expulsion from the garden of eden"
2) Dexter S01E09 Father knows best
3) Switched at Birth S1E5 "Dogs playing poker"

and so on..

This would make the topic relevant to the discussion and keep people who hadn't seen the new episodes from reading accidental spoilers in one topic together. Or they could talk about the next episode in it. But it would need members to keep the topic alive.
This could also make googlers find the topics easier, it would also mean more members joining, maybe.

I was thinking, what if you guys made a separate thread for each Switched at Birth episode for discussion? Is that a good idea or bad one or would you rather all have it in one thread? I wouldn't have control over how the threads turn out, but the users can then read each topic for that episode only, rather than all episodes at once.

We would have different threads in the tv/movie section, they could be:
1) Switched at Birth Season 1 Episode 15 "Expulsion from the garden of eden"
2) Dexter S01E09 Father knows best
3) Switched at Birth S1E5 "Dogs playing poker"

and so on..

This would make the topic relevant to the discussion and keep people who hadn't seen the new episodes from reading accidental spoilers in one topic together. Or they could talk about the next episode in it. But it would need members to keep the topic alive.
This could also make googlers find the topics easier, it would also mean more members joining, maybe.

One tip is to put a sticky thread in the Movies/TV section regarding spoiler tags.

IMO, no. I prefer to have one thread for older episodes that viewers haven't watch 'em yet. Every new thread for added newly episode with only few comments is sort of waste because look at that spoiled SaB thread. There are not really active.

It is better to have two threads for spoilers and no spoilers.

I just think, now, of something. Maybe I can change "my" spoiler free thread to "Spoiled Thread" so you can move spoiled posts to the new thread I just created. Thoughts?

Back