What is better way to censor spoilers? (Request)

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried brighter fonts to 'censor' spoils. It seems it works better, but it's probably not effective for AD's dark theme background.

I tried this:

Code:
Testing.

WARNING AHEAD:

Testing, testing, testing. Does this help with spoilers?
It looks OK-OK but it is probably better than nothing at all. What is your suggestion for something?

moved to Forum Feedback & Suggestions
Moderator naisho

AD should add a spoiler tag to the forum. A lot of forums use it these days. It would show a button "Show spoiler" and you click it, it'll expand.

Yeah, it's better to request or ask users to not post it. Lots of other sites outside of AD have it, but generally things here are kept kosher to avoid database corruption and errors (some of you remember that).

You should post it in forum/feedback section as [REQUEST]: whatever here, Alex and others may look into it if they feel it is necessary.

All right. Can you move this thread to forum/feedback section, please?

I hope Alex or someone can help with it.

I have moved it for you.
You may post your reasons why, show examples or let people to input in so the person in charge will take it to consideration.

I think it is only best solution is you create two threads for spoiler free and spoilers. That only helps a lot. =/

I'll go ahead and create a thread for spoiler free soon.

Is it the Switched at Birth topic? Or is generally any particular topic in mind that is the issue?

Here's an example.

Hey, I saw a movie last night. It was called, "Titanic". The ship sank at the end of the movie!

That is what you call a spoiler. Not everyone want to know what happens in a movie before they get a chance to watch it.

Is it the Switched at Birth topic? Or is generally any particular topic in mind that is the issue?

Probably that, TV show threads are often filled with spoilers, and people may have not watched them yet. So they don't want to read the spoilers.

I have moved it for you.
You may post your reasons why, show examples or let people to input in so the person in charge will take it to consideration.

Reason 1: To allow users to skip censored spoilers without reading it by accident. They can come back and read spoils after watching or reading.

Reason 2: It is very effective for all AD'ers, of course!

Reason 3: It is easy to use a code like [/B], [/I], and so on.

Reason 4: It is not just apply to TV shows only but to apply all of entertainments.

Reason 5: Less worrying about feeling which someone think should read a thread or not because someone may not sure if there are spoilers in a thread or not. Some threads didn't warn AD'ers...

I can't think of more reasons. I hope they're good enough unless AD'er can add more! :)

Here's an example.

That is what you call a spoiler. Not everyone want to know what happens in a movie before they get a chance to watch it.

I mean, show some examples of how spoiler tags work.
Not what a spoiler is, I hope most people are aware of that.

How use to it? Here's how it works.

<spoiler="reason here"> Text here </spoiler>. Replace with "[" and "]" so it will show up. I know AD don't have a code for it yet.

Got some links to said forums or threads where they are using spoiler tags? There are probably different ones.

Will give an idea to know what you are interested in and newbies who don't know what it is will realize how it works. :D

Reason 1: To allow users to skip censored spoilers without reading it by accident. They can come back and read spoils after watching or reading.

Reason 2: It is very effective for all AD'ers, of course!

Reason 3: It is easy to use a code like [/B], [/I], and so on.

Reason 4: It is not just apply to TV shows only but to apply all of entertainments.

Reason 5: Less worrying about feeling which someone think should read a thread or not because someone may not sure if there are spoilers in a thread or not. Some threads didn't warn AD'ers...

I can't think of more reasons. I hope they're good enough unless AD'er can add more! :)

Reason 6: Spoiler tags are not just about uncensored things, they can help with larger pictures, too. It is really help so big, it reduces the annoying and many larger pictures. :)

Nice examples! Thanks for it.
I hope they won't be hard to implement..

Yeah, I remember sometimes I had used the spoiler tags to cut a big text too like copy and paste from an article. It saves the post size and made it smaller. So the spoiler tag can be used for many things it seems.

Back