what is best device to watch netflix on?

JillyBean.MI

Reaction score
I want to restart my netflix membership. My one complaint is the cc on movies can be hard to read & not able to change the color & background.

Is there a device I can buy that ables me to change it so it's easier to read?

I thought you could change it on Neflix via the desktop PC (or mac) computer. I was able to when I had Netflix or a profile linked on someone's Netflix.

I thought you could change it on Neflix via the desktop PC (or mac) computer. I was able to when I had Netflix or a profile linked on someone's Netflix.

You are correct. You change it online and it should change on whatever device you are using to watch it.

I use Chromecast + my phone for watching Netflix on the TV. Super easy and convenient. Chromecast only takes a couple minutes to set up. Plugs in via HDMI + a USB cable to power it, then you just connect it to your network following the onscreen prompts. Chromecast is like $35, and that'd be it if you already have an iOS or Android device.

Once it's up anyone on your network can send Netflix, Hulu+, youtube, etc. to the TV.

I haven't tried changing the captions yet, didn't know you could do this until right now. I was of the same opinion, that the default captions are rather terrible (white with no background), but suffered through it until (hopefully) now.

Update: Custom caption changes do indeed work with Chromecast (big improvement).

Last edited:
I haven't tried changing the captions yet, didn't know you could do this until right now. I was of the same opinion, that the default captions are rather terrible (white with no background), but suffered through it until (hopefully) now.

LOL yep, I found out about that through I think another thread here on AD. When I had my own 'profile' under another account I was able to set it to black background & yellow font (white hurts eyes sometimes) and bigger size font. Can't do it now as I somehow lost my profile (again), only 4 are allowed (#5 is a Kids Only channel sort of thing...) and they're being used. So I don't dare mess with anything and suffer the white captions for now.

I love watching Netflix on my 65'' Samsung Smart Tv. Although the Netflix on Xbox One is very attractive.

I don't have apple TV but my ps3 is what I use and I've tried others devices (phone ipad wii ) and the captions are clear and easy to read.

what device were u using before?i'm using an apple tv,like silver roxxy said you can change the font sizes for captions.

another thing i discovered that you can do with any device is change to other Netflix regions at any time you wanted to check what shows or movies other countries are offering on their netflix,if you want to know how to do it here's a tutorial http://matthewlesrima.com/2015/07/16/how-to-access-netflix-from-anywhere-in-the-world/

Back