what if fcc cut vrs already right then what you do next?

Actually you never owned the VP, the VP devices still belong to the company that provided it to you and can be taken back by them any time.

That is in the Term of Service.

I never mentioned I owned the VP, just replacement.

FCC will NOT cut VRS.. They are just adjusting rates for the services like will the rates go up/down or something like that. It's very, very unlikely to shut VRS down.

FCC will NOT cut VRS.. They are just adjusting rates for the services like will the rates go up/down or something like that. It's very, very unlikely to shut VRS down.

how do you know and got any proof?

Let put this way, what they means "SEVERE" in other words VERY DEEP cuts on VRS rates. What scares me is that the more cuts, the possible of longer wait time for next available operator may be inevitable. We do not want go back to the days when we wait for hours for next available operator. That is the whole point. DO something or FCC thinks you don't care and go ahead cut them more,

If you guy are not sure or using your theory with non-sense stuff. Why not you guy take a look at VRSCA - Video Relay Services Consumer Association and then click "ACT NOW". It will tell you and explaining you how that will impact to VRS.

Not just Sorenson's fault for the raise cause... What about SNAPVRS are getting that similar device but built-in with mini-vp. It is same amount of what Sorenson's product.

What about i711 and those website using the internet that also cost money on bandwidth, the bandwidth is traffic. When there are two roads for one-way. It will be delay to getting there until upgrading or construction road to bigger or more lanes mean more money and demand.

Please some read history how VRS start; Video Relay Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It is interesting to know but sad that British Video Relay actually closed.

I don't want USA be next.

Why should taxpayers pay a premium to promote the use of a communication language that has been weaponized by the ASL militants and extremists?

Richard

Hey anti-VRS activitist, and deaf supressor!

There is DAMN good reason for this, first of all... Many hearing people REFUSED to help open up communication with deaf. And tell me how many times you have had hangs up on TTY relay services? That s tad too much!

Second, with TTY, problem is deaf's primary language is NOT English, it is ASL, and from my experience which proves one too many times that VRS have clarity comparing to TTY. I have had enough misunderstanding with TTY conversation. VRS and VP have proved to be one of most valuable tools for us.

And FINALLY having VRS would reduce the likelihood of having scammer doing scams like though TTY relay services have seen a plenty of time everyday. Obviously plenty of them don't know sign language, thus reduce likelihood of being abused.

I personally am sick of you trying to pull down some good cause for no apparent reason, perhaps your too embarassed that you finally got TTY machine set up every half mile whatever it is along southern california freeway, and rarely deaf use them, and them politicans stare at you, and say WHY WE HAVE SPEND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND ALMOST NO ONE IS USING IT. Are you tryin to get Deafies use them more often than VRS?

Why should taxpayers pay a premium to promote the use of a communication language that has been weaponized by the ASL militants and extremists?

Richard

The future of the deaf society dont really place much emphasis of manual comunications. Deaf schools are closing, more and more deafs are getting mainstreamed. Why should we be promoting something thats not going to be a part of the future of deaf society?

There's gold in hearing loss prevention zeals these days. All I see is pyrite and also pirates trying to make ASL look like gold these days.

Richard

The future of the deaf society dont really place much emphasis of manual comunications. Deaf schools are closing, more and more deafs are getting mainstreamed. Why should we be promoting something thats not going to be a part of the future of deaf society?

There's gold in hearing loss prevention zeals these days. All I see is pyrite and also pirates trying to make ASL look like gold these days.

Richard

Good - less deaftards (deaf retards) to deal with.

I'm already a member of the Facebook group "I judge you when you use poor grammar."

I got a postcard in mail today asking me to sign and mail it off to the FCC.

The card basically explains that FCC is considering cutting down on "Video Relay" funds but not removing it and that they want us to sign it and mail it objecting the VRS cost or reduction.

I have not sign it yet or mail it in but wonder if anyone got same postcard as well too?

from what ive heard around the rumor mill lately.....

basically FCC pays VRS providers 17(or so) bucks a minute that a person is using a VRS relay call. they are considering cutting that to 6 dollars a minute. how this translates into the costs of running the buisness, i don't know what VRS profit margins are.

6 dollars a minute for a relay call still sounds pretty nice....but thats not even half what it was. VRS providers wont be able to sustain the high number of interpreters they keep on staff, so your wait till for an interpreter is going to go through the roof.

and btw....having english has a second language is no excuse for poor grammar, your lack of education however is a good excuse.

i read somewhere that interpreters are the lowest paid professional compared to the service they provide...or some such. You can blame interpreters for charging too much money, but if the money is not there, then you wont have interpreters anyway. so you only shoot yourself in the foot blaming terps for anything.

That was few years ago, right now it is in 6 dollars range, and they want to cut down more.

FYI, FCC does not pay for equipment, Internet connectivity, office rentals, paperwork, and other employees (Like administrators, etc) that are not directly work as interpreter, They all paid though the minutes that interpreter ACTUALLY on a call, not the time that interpreter sits and waiting for the next call.

6 dollars a minutes sounds alot money, but in reality it is NOT much money after all.

from what ive heard around the rumor mill lately.....

basically FCC pays VRS providers 17(or so) bucks a minute that a person is using a VRS relay call. they are considering cutting that to 6 dollars a minute. how this translates into the costs of running the buisness, i don't know what VRS profit margins are.

6 dollars a minute for a relay call still sounds pretty nice....but thats not even half what it was. VRS providers wont be able to sustain the high number of interpreters they keep on staff, so your wait till for an interpreter is going to go through the roof.

and btw....having english has a second language is no excuse for poor grammar, your lack of education however is a good excuse.

i read somewhere that interpreters are the lowest paid professional compared to the service they provide...or some such. You can blame interpreters for charging too much money, but if the money is not there, then you wont have interpreters anyway. so you only shoot yourself in the foot blaming terps for anything.

one of my friend called vrs. she told me that her friend inform her that friend's vrs system was take away? i said what! i dont believe that ture story. friend from in P.R. and also in NYC. SHE SERIOUS! i felt impossible they take away vrs. i wonder anyone know about it? please reply this message thanks....

Yes I received postcard too yesterday. I signed and mailed it today! Also I printed from website and mailed it also. Can't hurt.

I got a postcard in mail today asking me to sign and mail it off to the FCC.

The card basically explains that FCC is considering cutting down on "Video Relay" funds but not removing it and that they want us to sign it and mail it objecting the VRS cost or reduction.

I have not sign it yet or mail it in but wonder if anyone got same postcard as well too?

Also, the FCC does not pay for VPs. The companies that give them to you pay for them then give them to you for free.

Another snopey rumor is the FCC plans to make TV's contain a "VRS Chip" so all TV's can be used to make VRS calls like they did with the captioning chip.

And just what else is new?

Richard

Sorenson should sell VP, just concept as sell TTY or telephone. That way to make money.

Even poor deaf able to get TTY. wow?

ARE YOU INSANE???? So that they can spend more money on wars in middle east??? You think it is good idea? WOW, you are really insulting Deaf World, go and sleep with Richard!

Sorenson should sell VP, just concept as sell TTY or telephone. That way to make money.

Even poor deaf able to get TTY. wow?

ARE YOU INSANE???? So that they can spend more money on wars in middle east??? You think it is good idea? WOW, you are really insulting Deaf World, go and sleep with Richard!

Wow, do you think US focus on spend in war only? More money spend will support deaf school better than VRS. :D

Back