What I want to be when I grow up

coffeeeeman

Reaction score
What did you want to be when you were a kid?

When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian, a cop, and an engineer who designed cars.

Well my life took some crazy ass twists and turns...I ended up working for the Army after active duty in Law Enforcement. So at least I got to persue one of my interests as a kid.

Mike

I wanted to be a Police Officer but I couldn't cuz I am deaf not meant to be...

I also wanted to be a Nurse but then thinking about having to see Blood Which I do not think I could handled it... Someone getting shot and stabbed or worse and U working on that person, I wouldn't be able to control my Emotions...

I have worked at American Dental Center Inc.it was Good For a while then My dad own a business he wanted me to work for him so I am still working for him since 11 Years Now.

ahhh yah yah thats what i thought .........

Mods u mind merging the threads please??? :) thanks :)

coffeeeeman said:
What did you want to be when you were a kid?

When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian, a cop, and an engineer who designed cars.

Well my life took some crazy ass twists and turns...I ended up working for the Army after active duty in Law Enforcement. So at least I got to persue one of my interests as a kid.

Mike

When I was a child, I wanted to be a phlebotomist. ( the person that takes your blood in the hospital). I have medical issues, so I've been around hospitals most of my life. When I was about 10, I got this idea that I wanted to be the person working in a lab, who went around sticking people. I guess I had revenge on my mind for all those times I was stuck by needles! lol

But, as often happens with kids I outgrew this, and went on to the next thing, which I think was a radio DJ. I had very diverse interests as a kid! lolol

I wanted to be Peter Pan. Indiana Jones. Archraelogist (digging for ancient stuff and learning about the olden times). Anthropologist (study of human cultures and civilization). Teacher. Artist. Counselor. Now I'm an artist/graphic designer/web designer. I guess I still wish for the early things I wished as a kid :) PETER PAN!!!

he he, I think I am doing a bit of all these things... I take the time to read archraelogical/anthropological news (think national geographic society, etc), and read fiction. I paint, and I do a little inofficial counseling for my buddies and those who ask for it. I also plan on traveling all over Europe and Asia.

When I was little I wanted to be a ' Veterinarian ' because, I love animals and I remmy I used to have a puppy I would pretend I was working in a vet hospital ...I used my barbies as ' real ' people :giggle:

When I was a kid I wanted to be an artist and/or a nurse. As of now I am an accountant and Photo Restoration Artist.

What I wanted to be when I grew up...

It would have helped if I had grown up instead of out :) Let's see... I wanted to be a teacher like my parents. Then I wanted to be a music teacher but that sort of went out the door as my hearing really started to decline. Then I wanted to be a genetic counseling. I did go to college and got a biology degree. But didn't have the funds for a MS in Genetic Counseling plus I needed more classes first. So I went back to school and dabbled in an RN program. But I didn't have enough hands. I needed one to hold the adapted stethoscop above my hearing aid, one to hold the other end of the stethoscop on the patients arm and one to pump up the blood pressure cuff. Didn't work well plus I was afraid I'd hear something wrong and end up killing some one.not a good scene emotionally. I have dabble in a lot of things but I'm still looking for the Job that I should be doing.

Lori

Well, I grew "out" too. :)

I'm not sure what career I would do well in, but I enjoy writing immensely...so I'd love to do something pertaining to writing fiction. It means the world to me to have people read my stuff, so I would say my ideal profession would be a fiction novelist. The hard part though, is getting your book marketed and eventually published...so...gotta do something with more promise "when I grow up." Maybe I'll go back to school and study social work...something along those lines since people think I'm quite easy to talk to.

Malfoyish

Lorias1228 said:
It would have helped if I had grown up instead of out :) Let's see... I wanted to be a teacher like my parents. Then I wanted to be a music teacher but that sort of went out the door as my hearing really started to decline. Then I wanted to be a genetic counseling. I did go to college and got a biology degree. But didn't have the funds for a MS in Genetic Counseling plus I needed more classes first. So I went back to school and dabbled in an RN program. But I didn't have enough hands. I needed one to hold the adapted stethoscop above my hearing aid, one to hold the other end of the stethoscop on the patients arm and one to pump up the blood pressure cuff. Didn't work well plus I was afraid I'd hear something wrong and end up killing some one.not a good scene emotionally. I have dabble in a lot of things but I'm still looking for the Job that I should be doing.

Lori

Lori, don't underestimate yourself. You can do just about anything anyone can do, except hear. You owe it to yourself not to sell yourself short especially when you have suceeded in obtaining a biology degree. You even "dabbled in an RN program" and believe me, from what you have shared with us, there is a job that is calling out for you, Lori. Just tell yourself, "I am worth it and I will not sell myself short." (No pun intended.)

Socrates said:
Lori, don't underestimate yourself. You can do just about anything anyone can do, except hear. You owe it to yourself not to sell yourself short especially when you have suceeded in obtaining a biology degree. You even "dabbled in an RN program" and believe me, from what you have shared with us, there is a job that is calling out for you, Lori. Just tell yourself, "I am worth it and I will not sell myself short." (No pun intended.)

I am learning that I have a bad case of the opressive condition of the CAN'TS. I keep trying to tell myself I can but it's hard to get passed your core beliefs that have come from too many years of being told you can't. But you are very correct Soccrates I shouldn't sell myself short. Thanks for being supportive. It means a lot to me.

Lori

Lorias1228 said:
I am learning that I have a bad case of the opressive condition of the CAN'TS. I keep trying to tell myself I can but it's hard to get passed your core beliefs that have come from too many years of being told you can't. But you are very correct Soccrates I shouldn't sell myself short. Thanks for being supportive. It means a lot to me.

Lori

YOU. CAN. DO. IT. :thumb:

As little nasty kid, I just want to be nasty superhero based on my imaging ideas. Until computers invaded my life. Dont ask me what kind of superhero I'm going to become.

Malfoyish said:
Well, I grew "out" too. :)

I'm not sure what career I would do well in, but I enjoy writing immensely...so I'd love to do something pertaining to writing fiction. It means the world to me to have people read my stuff, so I would say my ideal profession would be a fiction novelist. The hard part though, is getting your book marketed and eventually published...so...gotta do something with more promise "when I grow up." Maybe I'll go back to school and study social work...something along those lines since people think I'm quite easy to talk to.

Malfoyish

Funny you should mention social work, Malfoy, because, I've also considered something along these lines. Am considering going back to school, and studying social work, or maybe, psych. I have aspirations to work with children in the hospital setting. Something do with "Child Life". Know what i'm referring to?

Back