What does it means to you?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
What does "No Child Left Behind" means to you? If you know what it means Do you support that act?

What´s this?

I´m not an American and has no clue what it means. I´m curious what AD members answer.

I strongly support that act... i believe that every children must be fully educated, feed, and be well taking care of. i know that there's some children with poor familys don't go to school because they don't have money for school supplies, clothes, etc.... and they need to work for their family to earn money for them.. i believe that needs to be stopped and have those poor family's kids going to school (i know its free but not really free cuz of school supplies, clothes, bags, lunch, etc..)

Of course! No child should ever get less than others because of financial status, location status or even for their disability!

Ohh

Is that part of Bush Admin? If yes, it will not successfully at all. IMO

it is a complete load of crap because while it is mandated,it is not funded. Another complete blunder on the part of the Bush administration

all that happen was the schools got a bunch of new rules they have to follow without the financial resources to make it happen

i agree bbnt and u do have a point!

IMHO the Bush Administration really doesnt want to look on the DOMESTIC issues we have -- they want to focus on FOREIGN issues 90% of the time and our economy is SOOOOOOOO fucked up -- we would STILL have problems with those children who had fallen thru the educational cracks sad to say but it would happen -- cuz theres no financial resource to use to help educate ALL the children, special needs or not

bbnt and Fly Free said everything what I want to say.

NCLB is just Bush's one of many complete failures.

So surprised to know Bush Admin didn't exam the education more carefully before the prez signed the bill. That's why more lawsuits are coming.

bbnt, FlyFree, Lasza and Magatsu I agree with you totally. ;)

In facts it it is part of Bush Admin. You think it means leave "no" children behind, But, "Leave No Child Behind" law actually leaves lots of children behind, why? because you get funds only when you make a few things happen like test scores going up, how children set their goals mainly means to make "stupid kids" go away, Have kids stay in school not to drop out. Do you think President Bush knows all about your child? Yes I am sure he does by reading the exams that the state requires to give for your child every year, Why do you think that everytime there a state exam coming up, they have reading programs in schools just for making a passing grade for the state exam. But, if a child is having problems with reading all through the school year, they don't have reading programs. That is kinda screw up don't you agree?

While I support the idea of "No Child Left Behind" it's worthless because there's no $$ to make it work.

But, they also need to fund the other side, what I call "No Child Bored to Death" act for gifted and talented children. We have one of each in our family.

I dont agree with that

parents are responsible for thier child not the govn, that way the parents cant be lazy dont want to work or anything ,thats the parents or single fault not the bush or govn of any kind fault no no .the schools is free and two uniforms is not that expensive anyway there are lots of places that donate school supplies hows that govn fault.

harleymn said:
parents are responsible for thier child not the govn, that way the parents cant be lazy dont want to work or anything ,thats the parents or single fault not the bush or govn of any kind fault no no .the schools is free and two uniforms is not that expensive anyway there are lots of places that donate school supplies hows that govn fault.

Eh? It has nothing to do with parent being lazy matter of facts, that every parent pay for school fees every year for books, etc,. for their child's grade level. And Bush is the one who offer this program. The Public schools are free for children to attend. I don't see why you saying it is our fault? :confused:

There is no uniforms requires at public schools.

who did i say its our fault

i said its not the govnt fault that means all govnt demo replublicains has nothing to do with it,i didnt say parents are lazy iam talking about the ones that dont care aboput thier kids etc , like i said thier are other that donate books etc, public are free by paying your property taxes school taxes so therefore if the lazy parents dont work then that is the case we are trying to get them pay becuz is not fair for people like us thaT WORKS , what about those that lies and dont want to wotk thats what iam getting at . also the ones that say i dont have a job and lies to our govt and we have to give them money the more the less they work etc, so they re trying to stop abusing it.

*ahem*

what about those that lies and dont want to wotk thats what iam getting at . also the ones that say i dont have a job and lies to our govt and we have to give them money the more the less they work etc, so they re trying to stop abusing it.

What does this have to do with "Leave no child behind act"?

I am talking about the program itself. I do believe that we should have reading programs at school if there children who are trouble learning how to read, That is very important, They only provide reading program when there is a state exam coming up. They want the children to pass to make themselves look good. That the whole point. If the teacher's role is to make sure our children are learning in school, It makes it our business to make sure our children are learning, If there is a problem with a child, The school should be required to help. Get my drift? and the Program Bush provides is no good.

like i said before twice

thats the parents responsibiltity not the bush or any govt responsibility, how the hell can govn keep up with all these kids, beside my son is invovled alt is a program provided by the govt which the state we have meeting every six weeks to discuss. and i have attended every meeting and he went on his reading has gone from 51 % to 71 % the average is 75 %. now dont telll me that the program doesnt work. becuz i worked my bunnes off to make it work do you get my drift .we have these test like you are saying .its the parents responsibilty peroid . not the teacher or the govt.now in school its the teacher but outside its the parents, blaine my son goes to kumon is a specail rewading class that helps him to keep up with regular class. now dont tell me iam wrong becuz that has nothing to do with govn.

Well, I am sorry I don't understand your post you not making no sense so I decide to ignore your post. :roll:

harleymn said:
thats the parents responsibiltity not the bush or any govt responsibility, how the hell can govn keep up with all these kids, beside my son is invovled alt is a program provided by the govt which the state we have meeting every six weeks to discuss. and i have attended every meeting and he went on his reading has gone from 51 % to 71 % the average is 75 %. now dont telll me that the program doesnt work. becuz i worked my bunnes off to make it work do you get my drift .we have these test like you are saying .its the parents responsibilty peroid . not the teacher or the govt.now in school its the teacher but outside its the parents, blaine my son goes to kumon is a specail rewading class that helps him to keep up with regular class. now dont tell me iam wrong becuz that has nothing to do with govn.
First of all, I cannot even understand what you said. Can you please rephrase whole of your post? But I catch few things...

You said that it is not government's responsbility yet Bush made a mandate policy (NCLB) about it then refused to provide the finance to support the program... Pray tell, how's not their responsbility? You didn't make any sense in your post...

And NCLB haven't help ANY at all. Researches proved that again... and again because of lack of finance. Good try but no cigar.

I have to mention again, I don't even understand what you said. Please rephrase.

why dont you tell me wheres the proof of that

he refuse the program.then ill look at it.

Back