What does deaf mean to you

My mother did,t spare rod with me she just resented me full stop.i learnt live with by not living with them.
I read many things deaf kids suffering at hands of parents because deaf.Sadly some kids still suffering I got two little friends teenagers their parents no allowed them do sign so they stack shelves at Asda (wall mart).i do BSL with them but mother frowns on it.They brothers and easy see they got mental problems which never happened if they had chance mix with other deaf kids and been shown and given a chance.the parents would not allow it

My mother did,t spare rod with me she just resented me full stop.i learnt live with by not living with them.
I read many things deaf kids suffering at hands of parents because deaf.Sadly some kids still suffering I got two little friends teenagers their parents no allowed them do sign so they stack shelves at Asda (wall mart).i do BSL with them but mother frowns on it.They brothers and easy see they got mental problems which never happened if they had chance mix with other deaf kids and been shown and given a chance.the parents would not allow it

This is terrible and I am sad what they had suffered in UK. :(

Cool....maybe the devil did then...."-)
Or
Just som ape pee pee mixed with some goo goo..add som lightning or a ufo , a back cratch...and bam...here you are....

What ever way anyone sees it

Fair enough

As for the slapping...well, he was a real charmer..i grant that..
How long ago was the slapping?
Maybe its time to let it go...

:laugh2:

This is terrible and I am sad what they had suffered in UK. :(

It did not have be like that Beb just ignorant parent and social service won't push it if parents don't.
I old lady but I could put them on right track but these kids seem accept this their lot in life.
I have spoken to some of young girls work there and they happy do BSL course to help these boys..There is limit to what someone of my age can have in common young boys football Taylor swift not 2 of them

Being raised in a hearing family and a "hearing" child, I found being HoH with CAPD to be my escape. I love turning off my hearing aids and slipping back into the silent world. I love talking with my hands. Being deaf is my freedom from the hearing world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

It means many things and at the same time just one. It is who I am.
If I think about the effects it has had on my life so far...well that'll be a very long list.
I believe it is a blessing to experience two very different languages and cultures at first hand. A second world opened to me. I learned to see the world through different perspectives. All in all it helped me to accept people for who they are with less judging.
Hearing less or more precisely almost nothing besides a bunch of noise also means seeing far more.
For me it really comes down to being able to live in two worlds which is an enrichment.

Of course there are downsides.. People who forget that I can't hear them just because I speak and all the other challenges you have to overcome. But there again, if you can see all these obstacles in life as a challenge you can gain so much for yourself.
Being deaf is better in a way then being hoh was. At least my ears can breath again as much as they want..

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Back