what do you when you are lonely...

hugoboss84

Reaction score
I must say that I have been lonely for quite some time now... I started this topic since I want to share my thoughts, and would like to know what everyone does when you feel lonely.

I don't know how to say, but I have almost no friends now. Being HOH has not been easy for me, because I don't have any deaf friends and the normal crowd isolates me. I don't want to go around dating, but just want to be friends with someone, since I have really no one around me. Not even my family at the moment (there are miles away in another continent!). And the feeling has been weird for the last 2 years. Maybe I should be telling myself, internet friendship does not work, so go get a life! I thought the internet is a good place to meet friends, but I have not been able to find time and spend hours to make friends with someone interesting. Before I realize that loneliness can kill me, I wanted to post this up... and say, if anyone would like to be friends with a 22.m.canada ... I would really appreciate it! thnkx..

What about going to deaf events? If none nearby then maybe move to where there is a large deaf population if u are able to?

What about going to deaf events? If none nearby then maybe move to where there is a large deaf population if u are able to?

none in my city...and i cant move out for another year till i finish my studies. i just thought i would make some friends out here on the web atleast to begin with!

Sure!!! My name is Shel. :welcome: !!!

Wait and sees if Any Ader lives near you then you will have chatted with friend ok
Then wait after finish studies ok... Also Why don't you working on where you plan to move to and find a place right for you :)

Good Luck

I log in on here. :eek3:

I think I'm spending too much time here...

-Aquaman

I must say that I have been lonely for quite some time now... I started this topic since I want to share my thoughts, and would like to know what everyone does when you feel lonely.

I don't know how to say, but I have almost no friends now. Being HOH has not been easy for me, because I don't have any deaf friends and the normal crowd isolates me. I don't want to go around dating, but just want to be friends with someone, since I have really no one around me. Not even my family at the moment (there are miles away in another continent!). And the feeling has been weird for the last 2 years. Maybe I should be telling myself, internet friendship does not work, so go get a life! I thought the internet is a good place to meet friends, but I have not been able to find time and spend hours to make friends with someone interesting. Before I realize that loneliness can kill me, I wanted to post this up... and say, if anyone would like to be friends with a 22.m.canada ... I would really appreciate it! thnkx..
Internet frienships, if done right, can be very helpful. My girlfriend is currently 800 miles away, but we plan on visiting each other every few months or so to keep the relationship alive, and we call each other occasionally, and we IM each other almost daily, and we e-mail each other frequently too. Yeah, long-distance love can work if you do it right, and most of my friends are on-line too, and friendships are more likely to work that way.

Best of luck to you!

I do become lonely at times.. but get on with life... meet other deafies or HOHs is best thing for me... also make friends here in AD...

I do become lonely at times.. but get on with life... meet other deafies or HOHs is best thing for me... also make friends here in AD...
I think it would even benefit hearies like me to meet deafies and HoH people because it has really opened up my eyes, and, of course, deafies are just regular people too. :)

I think it would even benefit hearies like me to meet deafies and HoH people because it has really opened up my eyes, and, of course, deafies are just regular people too. :)

Yes.. I do have many hearing friends... My late husband was hearing.. we were married for 11 yrs.. he passed away in my arm due to lung cancer... for next 6 yrs i was in deep depressions... I miss him like HELL... he was my best friend..lover.. husband.. My children complained i did not go out having parties like I used to..... so I realized they were right... i relocated to California and started all over.... now i am enjoying my life ..even tho i still miss my late husband...

Try to get involved in some organizations and or in your church. Volunteer something. Find some organizations you are interested to join and then volunteer. This way, people will get to know you and you will get to know them. You will make friends, I bet. I am deaf myself and I have been going to chamber meetings monthly for a few months now (for my work) and my interp assist me communicate with the chamber members. I am only one deaf and I am shy, but
I did make friends with some members. It works only if you go out and get involved in something and make a commitment. You can do it. I do not speak; I only use ASL. So being HOH is not so bad since you can talk.

Wish you good luck

I have almost no friends now, too. I just want to stay away from
people for a while. You can go out and make friends (deaf or not),
you know it isn't that hard. Just come up with some stupid things
to say... and people will listen. Just say um, the weather is lovely,
the sun looks so beautiful at night, or whatever.

You just got to find the group you fix in the best. Like me, I have no one to hang out with here. I enjoy hanging out with the deaf, but there is not that many around where I am stationed, plus I don't know GSL, only ASL

I have almost no friends now, too. I just want to stay away from
people for a while. You can go out and make friends (deaf or not),
you know it isn't that hard. Just come up with some stupid things
to say... and people will listen. Just say um, the weather is lovely,
the sun looks so beautiful at night, or whatever.

:bowlol: "The sun looks so beautiful at night." I gotta try that on some idiot people for asking me stupid questions like "Can you drive?" "Are u deaf-mute?" stuff like that. I will keep that question in mind..LOL!

You just got to find the group you fix in the best. Like me, I have no one to hang out with here. I enjoy hanging out with the deaf, but there is not that many around where I am stationed, plus I don't know GSL, only ASL

yes understanding. i hope you will be fun at the Deaf birthday Party in Hanau in 2 next weekend. you could more learn GSL there :)

to me, i am never lonely here. i have a lot of to do. my deaf friends live in near my hometown. they ask me we want to meet and go to coffee or visit them or to me. we sometimes make together a cook. enjoy to chat.... i have many deaf friends in Germany. if its on weekend, then i will drive to my deaf best friend. i think, i need 4-5hrs from my hometown to there Essen town) away or 6 hrs drive to Berlin.
really i am happy if i dont have to meet with a friends, then i could stay at home. i NEED a relax.

The main thing is you need to keep yourself busy.

I think having a free mind and silent time alone to yourself is quite nice, but you don't want too much to the point where your mind starts going off to some other point and you end up on something like this.

Maybe play an online game, join some organizations (church, after-school stuff, nonprofit orgs.), find a job, work on cars, play sports or exercise, get a pet, hobbies.

You need to keep yourself busy for a certain period of your week, and once in awhile try to keep up with people from your past, at least every month if you don't have anyone in the current.

Online friendships are also a nice way to relieve the pain and help you forget things, but try not to get too attached with them, unless you're completely serious about it. No matter how nice and great it seems, you should be careful that the other person isn't out to manipulate or use you to some extent, it happens enough not to be considered uncommon anymore. There are many instances where someone you do not know in reality could be different from the person that they are online, now I'm not saying this is for all people, but there is a certain amount of people out there that may fall under this category.

It's hard, I know because I went through the same thing. I don't have any deaf friends either, other than people I've met here on this forum.

Eventually I just found a nice road that I followed, and everything just laid itself suit.

Sometimes, I love be lonely as quiet time. NEED a break from kidsssssssssss.:crazy: :run:

My mind needs rest sometimes as lonely.

M-:afro:

Back