what do you think of this?

:jaw: This author ought publish this in an article.. more like a deaf mazagine and maybe the deaf people would add this to their views on how people really feel. I truly could connect to this author in some degrees

OOO THATS deffy a NEGTIVE aspect to the deaf culture and its dissing of the deaf community!

Not all of it is true at all. Alot of old timers who grew up deaf and didn't get to read beyond 4th grade are encouraging better education for the future deaf generations so they have a better chance of a good future of contributing to the society and world in general rather than declaring themselves illiterate and receiving government benefits.
I'm 32 and graduated from a California State school for the Deaf which is in Fremont -- and my education was well worth it and I have been working and obtaining further education at college in between. So that shows not ALL deafies are like those lazy bums who collects SSI every month.
Obiviously the 'bitch' who wrote that article about the 'Deaf Community and Culture' hasn't seen the other side of the deafies who truly ARE educated and retain high level jobs. She simply overlooked one section and didn't research it more. Just focused on the negative part. That's creating a bad image for the deaf community in general. *smh*

WaterRats13 said:
Not all of it is true at all. Alot of old timers who grew up deaf and didn't get to read beyond 4th grade are encouraging better education for the future deaf generations so they have a better chance of a good future of contributing to the society and world in general rather than declaring themselves illiterate and receiving government benefits.
I'm 32 and graduated from a California State school for the Deaf which is in Fremont -- and my education was well worth it and I have been working and obtaining further education at college in between. So that shows not ALL deafies are like those lazy bums who collects SSI every month.
Obiviously the 'bitch' who wrote that article about the 'Deaf Community and Culture' hasn't seen the other side of the deafies who truly ARE educated and retain high level jobs. She simply overlooked one section and didn't research it more. Just focused on the negative part. That's creating a bad image for the deaf community in general. *smh*

tell that to the society... thats the general feelings of the society when they stumble upon the deaf community. I have met untold numbers of people who knows the surface of the deaf community and did not get a good impression of the community. I beleive that the deaf schools do need to go through some reforms and improve the school image for striving for higher education. Sometimes ingorance is a bliss with the hearing population. They're just interested in our culture but they dont see the bad side of it :angel: Thank gosh. I do believe that the SSI should be removed for the deaf peoples benefits- this will force them to strive to better themselves and improve the government system and to redo how they give the money to the deaf people. Dont worry i'm not targeting just the deaf, I'm aslo bitching about the other groups also- :(

kalboy said:

LMAO! Deaf hater or not, she made many good points. About damn time she finally takes notice of the Deaf peeps!!! If you guys posted comments or emailed her to say how wrong she is for posting that article, that is one of the most, fucking, BIGGEST mistakes you ever made! Period. I don't personally know her, but after visiting and reading her site for more than 3 years, I do know one fact: she can tear you and your comments/emails apart!! <edit> You might get posted on this page at http://www.misanthropic-bitch.com/stupid.html !! <edit> If you want to beat her at her own game, you better have an excellent education and good sense of English grammar before you get down and dirty with her. Otherwise, don't bother. Also, don't quickly judge her based on that one article.. Read her other articles about various topics and issues. From reading her articles and whether I agree with them or not, I can see her point of views. I can also see that she just like to force people to step out of the box, see the bigger picture and make people think harder. Whenever someone makes me step out of the box and see the bigger picture, it sure can get very uncomfortable, but at the same time, it can also be a personal, enlightening experience. Although that Misanthropic Bitch can be like fingernails clawing hard on the chalkboard or teeth chopping on ice cubes, this DeafBastard appreciates her!

:bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes it takes an abrasive person to appreciate an abrasive person.... :dunno:

Cricket said:
I do believe that the SSI should be removed for the deaf peoples benefits- this will force them to strive to better themselves and improve the government system and to redo how they give the money to the deaf people.

SSI/SSDI can help, but also be a financial trap. Some Deaf people depend on SSI/SSDI because they do not have a choice, and some use SSI/SSDI just to get by and have a boring life. I think the government should reform the SSI/SSDI benefits instead of eliminating them altogether.

Deaf258 said:
SSI/SSDI can help, but also be a financial trap. Some Deaf people depend on SSI/SSDI because they do not have a choice, and some use SSI/SSDI just to get by and have a boring life. I think the government should reform the SSI/SSDI benefits instead of eliminating them altogether.

yeah agree :|

All I can say is wow. That whole article made a generalize statement about a group of people which, in the end, is not 100% true. Granted, they made a few good points, but what is life without obstruction? They talk of deaf people not being able to work, a Deafist says "but the hearing do not let us work." Its an on going battle, but i have to say a lot of that stuff made me sick. :/

Deaf258 said:
LMAO! Deaf hater or not, she made many good points. About damn time she finally takes notice of the Deaf peeps!!! If you guys posted comments or emailed her to say how wrong she is for posting that article, that is one of the most, fucking, BIGGEST mistakes you ever made! Period. I don't personally know her, but after visiting and reading her site for more than 3 years, I do know one fact: she can tear you and your comments/emails apart!! <edit> You might get posted on this page at http://www.misanthropic-bitch.com/stupid.html !! <edit> If you want to beat her at her own game, you better have an excellent education and good sense of English grammar before you get down and dirty with her. Otherwise, don't bother. Also, don't quickly judge her based on that one article.. Read her other articles about various topics and issues. From reading her articles and whether I agree with them or not, I can see her point of views. I can also see that she just like to force people to step out of the box, see the bigger picture and make people think harder. Whenever someone makes me step out of the box and see the bigger picture, it sure can get very uncomfortable, but at the same time, it can also be a personal, enlightening experience. Although that Misanthropic Bitch can be like fingernails clawing hard on the chalkboard or teeth chopping on ice cubes, this DeafBastard appreciates her!

:bowdown:

Right, I dare her to post her home address. :twisted:

Whoa... what a strong article! I agree with most of it. I know a lot of deafies who grew up under strict protection of their parents. Their parents are so paranoid that they fear for the society around their deaf children. The result? Easier way of life for their deaf children, which would explain those "special education" programs that those children are put through. I spent a couple years in the Central Institute for the Deaf then moved to Texas to a mainstream elementary school. I went to an all-deaf kindergarten class, first-grade class, and second-grade class. By the time I was in third grade, my parents wanted me to be treated as normal. That's how I started going to the hearing classes. By the time I was in eighth grade, I had all hearing classes. I'm glad that happened. There were a lot of deaf students who were older than me but taking third-grade math and english. Some of them couldn't even drive because their parents wouldn't allow them to because of the fear of them not hearing other cars or not "ready" to drive. A few of them did manage to get jobs, at run-down thrift shops that were located 100 feet from their houses. When I was 16, there was this guy who was 19 and a grade higher than me. His notebook went missing and I ended up being pulled out of a English midterm because he told the head principal that it was me that stole it. Jeez! Why did he do that? Because his parents pamper him to every babish needs he has. Not only did he have problems. A deaf girl at my high school had three kids before she dropped out of school at the age of 18. Three kids!? Yikes! One guy I knew went to the Texas School for the Deaf. At that time he was there, they didn't provide lip-reading or speech programs for him so today, he's 30 and doesn't even know how to read lips... no matter how hard people try, he just can't. I believe that he has the brains to do better things, it's just that his parents never let him expand his knowledge. Finally, there's students who come here to NTID. No offense to any of you here... but I've seen parents setting up the dorm room for these freshmen. Why? Cuz these kids grew up having their parents do everything for them. Because of this, I wouldn't be surprised of a high percentage of these students dropped out... because they are homesick. If you want to blame someone for the way these deaf people act, blame their parents and the education system that these people went through.

VamPyroX said:
Whoa... what a strong article! I agree with most of it. I know a lot of deafies who grew up under strict protection of their parents. Their parents are so paranoid that they fear for the society around their deaf children. The result? Easier way of life for their deaf children, which would explain those "special education" programs that those children are put through. I spent a couple years in the Central Institute for the Deaf then moved to Texas to a mainstream elementary school. I went to an all-deaf kindergarten class, first-grade class, and second-grade class. By the time I was in third grade, my parents wanted me to be treated as normal. That's how I started going to the hearing classes. By the time I was in eighth grade, I had all hearing classes. I'm glad that happened. There were a lot of deaf students who were older than me but taking third-grade math and english. Some of them couldn't even drive because their parents wouldn't allow them to because of the fear of them not hearing other cars or not "ready" to drive. A few of them did manage to get jobs, at run-down thrift shops that were located 100 feet from their houses. When I was 16, there was this guy who was 19 and a grade higher than me. His notebook went missing and I ended up being pulled out of a English midterm because he told the head principal that it was me that stole it. Jeez! Why did he do that? Because his parents pamper him to every babish needs he has. Not only did he have problems. A deaf girl at my high school had three kids before she dropped out of school at the age of 18. Three kids!? Yikes! One guy I knew went to the Texas School for the Deaf. At that time he was there, they didn't provide lip-reading or speech programs for him so today, he's 30 and doesn't even know how to read lips... no matter how hard people try, he just can't. I believe that he has the brains to do better things, it's just that his parents never let him expand his knowledge. Finally, there's students who come here to NTID. No offense to any of you here... but I've seen parents setting up the dorm room for these freshmen. Why? Cuz these kids grew up having their parents do everything for them. Because of this, I wouldn't be surprised of a high percentage of these students dropped out... because they are homesick. If you want to blame someone for the way these deaf people act, blame their parents and the education system that these people went through.

AMEN to that! 110%!

Back