What do you think of spouses who call each other mom/dad etc.

Let's just say, I know of a couple that does this. It's embarrassing to me to hear them call each that, especially if there's other people around. It's just creepy and grosses me out too when I hear it. I don't understand why spouses call each other mom/dad in front of children. I think it's also inappropriate.

i don't see anything wrong with it... i see some people do it... TO BE CUTE!!! :D my mom calls her "common-law" husband dad...

i call my bf "daddy" cuz sometimes he acts like a dad :roll: that is SO OVERPROTECTIVE OF ME!!! like YES, DADDY! --- he would snicker and grin!!! :lol: and sometimes he calls me "MOMMY" to be so cute and funny!

i guess we are an odd couple! :D :P

Oh then you gotta ask my mom's so called boyfriend, he is older enough to be my "older brother" and young enough to be called a son to my mom whose 54 years old and he's 29. What's sickening is that I've slept with him once before, now he's gone after my mom... Ewww

:eek2: EWWW! what the heck is he or she thinking!!???

i don't see anything wrong with it... i see some people do it... TO BE CUTE!!! :D my mom calls her "common-law" husband dad...

i call my bf "daddy" cuz sometimes he acts like a dad :roll: that is SO OVERPROTECTIVE OF ME!!! like YES, DADDY! --- he would snicker and grin!!! :lol: and sometimes he calls me "MOMMY" to be so cute and funny!

i guess we are an odd couple! :D :P
Who's your Daddy? :cool:

Sorry, about that, heh, heh.

My husband calls me his "Sugar Momma" whenever I give him money and now my daughter calls me that when I give her allowance or lunch money. :ugh3:

when i get married one days and if i have my parents-in-law they will know as real name.

if my boyfriend come meet my family and they know who my family is! and if my parents like my boyfriend very much they will acceptance as family but my mom dont care about im dating with my boyfriend so i talk my boyfriend this evening and he not harm!

if my boyfriend will called my parent's name that would be fine with me.

when i have children one days and my kids will called grandmother or grandfather on my beside of my family or my boyfriend's family and also Great-Grandmother no matter for my kids will called same examples says Aunt&Uncle name.

mostly kids always called grandma or grandpa,PAPA,Granny&whatevers will called for that.

my boyfriend called my name that so simples!

my mom's family always called name like as Aunt&Uncle,whatevers

My hubby & I call each other our first names front of our boys... If we want to talk our sons then use "Mama" or "Papa" to them... Something like that, ask your Papa or Mama.... or your mama or papa said....

If I talk to my Dad then use "Dad" to him front of my boys or call my parent-in-law's first name. If I want to talk my boys then use "Britisch Opa" or "Deutsch Oma or Opa" (British Grandad or German Granny or Grandad) to them.

My siblings and I look up my parent's role when they called each other "Mum" and "Dad" front of us and also call our Grandparent "Nanny" or "Grandpa" front of us... We don't follow their roles. I remember when my Dad call my sister "Mum" front of her children. My sister told him off to not call her "mum" but use first name...

Of course our children ask us why we use our first name, not mum and dad... we explain what mom, dad, granny, grandpa meaning... they understood with no problem.

My hubby & I call each other our first names front of our boys... If we want to talk our sons then use "Mama" or "Papa" to them... Something like that, ask your Papa or Mama.... or your mama or papa said....

If I talk to my Dad then use "Dad" to him front of my boys or call my parent-in-law's first name. If I want to talk my boys then use "Britisch Opa" or "Deutsch Oma or Opa" (British Grandad or German Granny or Grandad) to them.

My siblings and I look up my parent's role when they called each other "Mum" and "Dad" front of us and also call our Grandparent "Nanny" or "Grandpa" front of us... We don't follow their roles. I remember when my Dad call my sister "Mum" front of her children. My sister told him off to not call her "mum" but use first name...

Of course our children ask us why we use our first name, not mum and dad... we explain what mom, dad, granny, grandpa meaning... they understood with no problem.

that interest!

Yeah same here...

Well, when my husband & I are with our children, we do say "Give the book to Mommy" "Tell Daddy to call Grandma" 'cause it's just weird as hell to tell my children "Tell >insert my husband's or my name here< to start dinner" When we are with family or friends, we call each other by our first names, however if our children are present with us, we refer each other as Mom/Dad/Grandma/Grandpa. Like if we're at my in law's my MIL will tell my daughters "Ok girls, your Mommy & Daddy are coming soon" Or "Go help Dzia Dzia [which is polish for Grandpa] or Babcia [which is polish for Grandma]"
It is weird if my hubby & I are home alone and I say "Hey Daddy, what's up?" but it is not weird if I've just given birth to our new child and my hubby says "You did it, Mama!" which means he's proud of me for going thru the many hours of labor & the pains of childbirth. :]

If Hubby and I are alone together, or with other adults, we call each other by our first names. If we are with a group of children, such as an elementary class, we call each other Mr. and Mrs. Lastname. If I'm talking to my daughter about Hubby, I would say, "Dad will be home at 6 p.m." But if I talk directly to Hubby, I use his first name.

If you don't say "mom" and "dad" to your children, what do you call them? I wouldn't say to my daughter, "Give the book to Ed." I would say, "Give the book to Dad." My daughter calls him "Dad", not his first name. Our grandchildren call us "Grammy" and "Grampy". They don't call us Reba and Ed.

I agree with you..it was same way i grew up.... never call my parents real name ... just dad or mom.. even call my grandmother.. grandma

Back