What do you do on extremely cold days?

You said you know... but above you said you don't know why the second floor was warmer and not to ask. Amb answered your question for you. :D

just resting and chilling at my friend's house in Canada. today was skin-biting freezing... 2 deg.... I went skiing at Blue Mountain yesterday till 9pm. pretty dang cold.

SO JEALOUS. My friend and I have been trying to plan a ski weekend but now it looks like she just won't have any free time for one this winter.

its freezin outside......even the racoons are startin to freeze.
phew!!!

Extreme cold is a relative thing. Depends on what you are used to. I always enjoyed cold weather, just not for half a year. It never deterred me from doing stuff.

Yeah, I know, but we have a very large furnace-- in fact, we have one of THE largest on this block. Our house is the only one that has 2 gas meters around here-- all others have one.

Hmm....how long have you lived in it? Usually 2 gas meters means 2 separate tenants living in there.

Sounds like your house needs to have its insulation upgraded & energy efficient windows, etc, are needed if it is always cold on the first floor.

Hmm....how long have you lived in it? Usually 2 gas meters means 2 separate tenants living in there.

Sounds like your house needs to have its insulation upgraded & energy efficient windows, etc, are needed if it is always cold on the first floor.

Is there more than one thermostat? The above things sound like good ideas but if the first floor is set lower naturally it is going to be.

Is there more than one thermostat? The above things sound like good ideas but if the first floor is set lower naturally it is going to be.

No, there's only one. And it WOULD be nice to upgrade the insulation, as this house was built in the 1980's, and it's always chilly on the 1st floor, while the 2nd floor, where I sleep, is toasty. As for the gas meters, they're part of the same furnace, and there aren't any separate tenants living here-- there are six people here, living under one house, belonging to the same business that owns it.

Back