What do I do?

Partygirl

Reaction score
I have problem and I decide maybe I can get ideas from Ad members?

I hav b/friend and we date for nearly 3 month now. He is hearing but we manage quite well still. I taught him some sign and he very fast at learn sign!
problem is while I like him and he is very nice I don't really see myself with him very long. it just something you know i not sure how to explain very well.
but he say he want to go sign language course in january to learn it well for me. I try to tell him to wait but i could not bring myself to explain why. I do not want him to go to lot of trouble and expence when i think we may not to together in future.
how can i explain without hurting him?

Maybe I am mean say we might not go out for much longer? I don't think so, I never promise anything to him so i don't think I am stringing him along.

I am all confused, I would appriciate honest opinions.

That is difficult, but your mind could change about him. Plus it won't hurt him to learn sigm either.

No good advice, sorry.

lol sorry I don't mean to laugh but my friend asked me that exactly same question a couple months ago. My answer to her was - "better than being alone, eh? just live it up while it lasts and he'll understand."

Are you happy now?
Will him learning sign make things clearer for the both of you?
Will learning sign better your boyfriend?

Don't think too hard about it right now. Enjoy the relationship as it is. If it will last or not is not for you to know right now.

all good replies.

yes! I starting to think I not really have problem after all. Maybe just let events run their course, who know for certain what happen in future.
I think maybe I am feel guilty when there no reason to.

it really true..a problem shared is a problem halfed.
thank you all for taking time to answer me :ty:

If you like the guy now, don't break up with him yet. I think what's scaring you is that you think ASL class is like him proposing a marriage to you... but tell yourself it is not like that at all.

If you're happy, stay with him. If you're not, tell him so and be done with it. It sounds harsh but I got strung along and it sucks. Not only that but guys typically take things better than girls do in the "let down" thing. Girls are always so worried about hurting the guy's feelings.

But if things are going well and you DON'T feel like you would be stringing him along then give it a go. Good luck :)

I'm in full agreement with Em, life is too short to beat around the bush. Say it how it is :) or avoid him like the Bubonic plague. What, it works for the most part!

Just live life, be spontaneous. Don't force the issue of love, or you may end up confusing alot of guys as to why you left a trail of heartbreak. If you're not ready for commitment, make it known. Don't wait for your dates to guess and try to figure out what you really want. That would make for one hell of an approach later.

If you like the guy now, don't break up with him yet. I think what's scaring you is that you think ASL class is like him proposing a marriage to you... but tell yourself it is not like that at all.

Ha Ha! I think you hit the nail on the head! Everyone pretty say much the same thing.
I look at the situation in whole new light now and I feel a lot better about it.

Thanks to everyone!

Don't lead him on or string him along. Honesty is the best policy. Explain that you like him and want to hang out but you are not looking for anything long term. Best of luck.

Yeah, Just let him know that you do enjoy hanging out with him. Just remind him that you just go flow with the day by day focusing now,currently, presently than looking in the future. Forget thinking about the future, just let him know. I am sure that he will understand. let him know that he takes ASL course for his best benefit, and useful with his gain expereince in his life. I think the best thing to remind him that you guys just enjoy now and go flow with the day, one at a time.

Back