What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I earned this last night...but I can still say it's today XD.

I learned that I have a friend next door that I can call on that will support me emotionally while I try and get myself into a better place. She is going to go back to school herself to get another health care accreditation. She said that she'd help me by giving me a place to study. She's a great friend.

bob-dummy.jpg

A punching dummy? Now that sounds like an idea, but I don't have one. Maybe I need to go punch the walls at Tyson, LOL.

Perhaps but I would think others would increase production to meet the demand and to fill the gap left by the QLD floods.

No argument there but what if you had gone long on a certain Australian coal mine, Dix? :D

I imagine the aftermath will heavily affect the commodities market. Glad you and yours are out of harm's way.

The commodities has been affected already. Queensland's a food bowl among other things in Australia, so things are going to treble by 50% or more.

Besides, the main fruit/veg market in Rocklea that distributes across Australia has been inundated by the flood, so there goes our fresh produce.

Yesterday, they said that meat, fresh produce and gas is going to shoot up through the roof very soon, if it hasn't already.

The economists are saying that 5 to 10 billion dollars has or will be wiped off the market in Queensland alone. Plus the damage total will be that much, too.

The commodities has been affected already. Queensland's a food bowl among other things in Australia, so things are going to treble by 50% or more.

Besides, the main fruit/veg market in Rocklea that distributes across Australia has been inundated by the flood, so there goes our fresh produce.

Yesterday, they said that meat, fresh produce and gas is going to shoot up through the roof very soon, if it hasn't already.

The economists are saying that 5 to 10 billion dollars has or will be wiped off the market in Queensland alone. Plus the damage total will be that much, too.

Here's a hint: order chicken from Tyson, specifically the Dardanelle complex. This will cause production to increase thus they will need to hire more workers to meet the demand, thus there is a chance I could get my job back! HA! (yeah wishful thinking I know.)

Here's a hint: order chicken from Tyson, specifically the Dardanelle complex. This will cause production to increase thus they will need to hire more workers to meet the demand, thus there is a chance I could get my job back! HA! (yeah wishful thinking I know.)

LOL. There's quarantine to consider, ya know. Aussie quarantine laws are among one of the most strictest in the world.

Besides, we rely on steggles or local chickens. :)

LOL. There's quarantine to consider, ya know. Aussie quarantine laws are among one of the most strictest in the world.

Besides, we rely on steggles or local chickens. :)

No, not live chickens. Processed chickens. They regularly send processed chicken to the Middle East, China, Japan, and some parts of Mexico, as well as across the United States.

No, not live chickens. Processed chickens. They regularly send processed chicken to the Middle East, China, Japan, and some parts of Mexico, as well as across the United States.

Quarantine laws don't care if the chickens has been processed. They'd expect a company like Tyson to meet their standard and be given a pass before the chickens can land on Aussie shores.

I learned that my wound doctor's staff is clueless about deafness when I went to the wound clinic this afternoon. The first thing the nurse asked me after learning that I'm deaf is this: Do you drive? Another nurse had a difficult time understanding why I couldn't speak on the phone (landline) despite me telling her I'm deaf.

Quarantine laws don't care if the chickens has been processed. They'd expect a company like Tyson to meet their standard and be given a pass before the chickens can land on Aussie shores.

Tyson has to meet USDA standards. However this sounds interesting. I can probably find out what the exact standards are for export chicken, I am sure it varies depending on where it is going and how long it will take to get there. I know all the chicken that is sent to the Middle East has to meet HALAL specifications which means it has to be slaughtered in a specific way and blessed as per Muslim dietary restrictions. Similar to Kosher to Judaism.

What are the requirements for your imports that come from the United States and have been inspected by the USDA??

What are the requirements for your imports that come from the United States and have been inspected by the USDA??

No idea what our requirements are but I'm sure they have to be scruitinised and proper documents must be accompanied.

One example: I ordered a box of microwave popcorn from US. However, the Customs and AQIS sent me a letter saying the law won't allow that item in the country, so I had two choices: send it back to US or have the customs incinerate it.

No idea what our requirements are but I'm sure they have to be scruitinised and proper documents must be accompanied.

One example: I ordered a box of microwave popcorn from US. However, the Customs and AQIS sent me a letter saying the law won't allow that item in the country, so I had two choices: send it back to US or have the customs incinerate it.

Ah, it probably has to have the proper paperwork and prior approval before entering the country. I am sure they probably don't allow private imports unless you are a registered import dealer and the items must come with documentation. It may even have to do with how the weights and contents are listed. I've heard of stuff being turned away simply because of the weight was listed in pounds and not kilograms.

I had a friend that flew to Kenya by way of London. She usually carries a small container of peanut butter with her as her blood sugar can go out of whack and it stabilizes is. She had it in her carry-on bag and when she went through customs they confiscated her peanut butter. I guess they thought it might contain explosives or harmful bacteria. It was an unopened jar. So I dunno. Maybe our Londoners can shed some light on this.

I learned that having pets is one way to be happy, for they warm up your life, its wonderful

Go, kitties!! I've got 5 of 'em. Time for them to start earning their keep.

Guilty as charged. :lol: Luckily I have a very big house that I can have one cat on each floor, and only one cat left over. Maybe in the garage?

How? Ya got mice in the house? :lol:

No. Sigh ... I might put them to work vacuuming or cooking while I'm gone at work. They're smarter then they look.

(That's with a heavy dose of sarcasm. :lol: )

Go, kitties!! I've got 5 of 'em. Time for them to start earning their keep.

You could collect their hair that was shed and knit designer sweaters.

Then sell for a huge profit! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back