What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this the thing with puffins they like cliffs or little island off Wales and Farne islands in uk neither of which easy to get to

Today I learned why margarine is called margarine.

In a chemist’s lab. French scientist Michel Eugene Chevreul discovered a new fatty acid in 1813 that he dubbed acide margarique. Chevreul’s discovery contained lustrous, pearly deposits, so he named it after the Greek word margarites, for “pearly".

Sent from my XT1080 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I learn there black birds nest at bottom of garden and the chick is fledging.i sitting here watching mummy bird feeding baby bird and getting annoyed...it lovely see nature outside door

Yeah , I love hearing the birds but , never can find where they're hiding in the trees. I like taking walks in the parks with my dog but I have to be careful and not step into any 'call' of nature.

same in my local park and beach to many calls of nature

Our beach is loaded with deer ticks b/c there a wildlife refuge right next to the beach and the deer come right onto the beach too . So I don't walk my dog there anymore .

I learned how to do basket weaving with yarn, cord, and tapestry needle. I'm trying to decide how big I want my basket to be. Or I might just start it and just keep going til I run out of cord. ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1430092600.072846.jpg

I learned that the current Queen of England and her husband Prince Phillip are second cousins, once removed, through King Christian IX of Denmark and third cousins through Queen Victoria.

I learned that the current Queen of England and her husband Prince Phillip are second cousins, once removed, through King Christian IX of Denmark and third cousins through Queen Victoria.

Yeah, those royals have a lot of cousinery in their relationships. Oh well, it makes them long lived.

BTW, Roxy, I was browsing some old posts in the "show photos of yourself" thread. Saw you and your mom. Cute pic.
Is your mom home from the hospital now?

Learned that the beautiful house my friend bought in an exclusive neighborhood...has snakes, not in her house but outside the huge back fenced in yard.....:shock:...since the weather is getting hotter they are coming out...Now she's reluctant to let her Great Danes go out there, but the huge back fenced in yard was one of the major reasons she bought the house....

Learned that the beautiful house my friend bought in an exclusive neighborhood...has snakes, not in her house but outside the huge back fenced in yard.....:shock:...since the weather is getting hotter they are coming out...Now she's reluctant to let her Great Danes go out there, but the huge back fenced in yard was one of the major reasons she bought the house....

Oh, jeepers creepers, that sounds like a rather bothersome situation. Ugh, snakes!!

We got our first estimate for painting the outside of our house.....expensive. Hope the second guy is cheaper and the third even cheaper.HAHA

When my daughter and her boyfriend post on Facebook they speak in French. She is smiling so I'm sure their having a great time on their trip. I'm learning just one new language and that is ASL. HAHA

Yeah, those royals have a lot of cousinery in their relationships. Oh well, it makes them long lived.

BTW, Roxy, I was browsing some old posts in the "show photos of yourself" thread. Saw you and your mom. Cute pic.
Is your mom home from the hospital now?

Thanks! My mom is home from the hospital. It takes a while for her heart to get back to the size it supposed to be. She seems ok. I am glad that you brought up the picture because I am looking for family pictures to print out and frame. It is a good one. :)

I learned how to get a ringtone on my IPhone. My ringtone is a song, needed to know to get it. I am a happy camper

I got virus infection woke in night feeling awful so no able learn anything today

I got virus infection woke in night feeling awful so no able learn anything today

But you did learn something new...you learned you obtained an infection :). Hope you feel better soon :)

That I probably picked up the bug my boss has. Ugh! Either that or from tick bites of which I've had a few of this week. Not feeling so hot tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back