What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the white hair and stress, I had a very stressful job in my mid-20s and yet my hair stayed blonde/brownish. So that theory of stress making your hair go white isn't quite valid.

my hair pure white looks good on a man(age always do)but make me look like old woman...Everyone ask what do I put on it,only one way to do it that genetics and have disagree stress did not help

I beg to differ on that. I've known him 11 years, and I know how he is. I also happen to have seen him that way before, so I believe them.
okay but I still say that HE should be the one to decide what to do with his life/job. You can advise, suggest etc but I hope y'all don't strong arm him into quitting. While you may have known him for 11 years, I am sure there are some things you DON'T know. There are things about a friend I knew for 30 years that I didn't know when I thought I did know that person.

Not referencing him but some people actually like working with stressful jobs or enjoy working at a job that 'challenges' them. I don't always agree with that either.

okay but I still say that HE should be the one to decide what to do with his life/job. You can advise, suggest etc but I hope y'all don't strong arm him into quitting. While you may have known him for 11 years, I am sure there are some things you DON'T know. There are things about a friend I knew for 30 years that I didn't know when I thought I did know that person.

Not referencing him but some people actually like working with stressful jobs or enjoy working at a job that 'challenges' them. I don't always agree with that either.

That's exactly the thing-- stressful jobs have had him do some dangerous things. I won't say too much, but let's just say that we have VERY good reason to be worried. Some of the stuff has had serious health consequences, and has some of his friends freaked out because of it

That there is a new Longhorn Steakhouse in Lincolnwood. :shock: Someday I just may try that place out-- when they're done with construction, that is.

I love that place! I went to one in Austin, Texas. You should try their blooming onion.

I love that place! I went to one in Austin, Texas. You should try their blooming onion.

I knew SOMEONE would recognize that place. I wouldn't mind-- except there's no sidewalk there yet. That intersection is still under construction, as the stoplights are hanging on a wire, and those are construction stoplights. The regular stoplights haven't been installed yet.

They do have hair color.....Just for Men. Who knows who truly has white hair?

I know a few men with have all white hair . My dad hair was white all that he had left of it and I know men that had a full head of white hair. I was at a grocery store this week and I saw woman with long white hair and I was going to tell her she had pretty hair . But when the woman turned around she had a white beard too. :giggle: The guy hair all white and very long .

True that...and for mustaches too...Friend of mine, he and his wife were getting a divorce, (she left him for another man.) He didn't come to work for over a week, and when he did, his hair was white...he looked awful! and was in his 40's....(as if he went white-headed overnight!)....I persuaded him to use Just for Men....he did and looked 20 years younger! Good looking too.

That typing "Rockmack" shows 4 central IL town names-- Union, Champagin, Bloomington, and Elmhurst, IL. Never knew that. :shock: I'll have to dig a little deeper later on.

Who Mel Brooks is. I saw him on Bill Mahr last night. I had never heard of Mel Brooks before so my husband had to explain him to me.

Who Mel Brooks is. I saw him on Bill Mahr last night. I had never heard of Mel Brooks before so my husband had to explain him to me.

post-32286-Daffy-Duck-jaw-drop-gif-bugs-b-e9cq.gif

I know a few men with have all white hair . My dad hair was white all that he had left of it and I know men that had a full head of white hair. I was at a grocery store this week and I saw woman with long white hair and I was going to tell her she had pretty hair . But when the woman turned around she had a white beard too. :giggle: The guy hair all white and very long .

yes they do have white hair like polar bear looks so white then chuck them in snow don't look so white same for me...people always asking me what I do get so white,just get old, white or grey comes quick enough
icon12.gif

I learned that there was a college called Mundelein College that later merged into Loyola University.

I learned that computers can sense urgency. I tried to upload a video for a class last night before I went to bed (had a splitting migraine and was eager to get to sleep) and it took over 15 minutes to get to 12% uploaded. Cancelled that, went to bed, woke up, and went to upload it again, and it took less than 4 minutes for the whole thing.

Not sure how I feel about my computer if it's willing to betray me like this. :hmm:

I learned that the skunk we are trying to catch in the trap is super smart. He is able to eat the bait without setting off the trap. The possum was not as smart. Yesterday morning the skunk smell out back was horrible, woke me up. Gross!!! No clue why these little stinkers are so close and so stinky these last few years.

That Target sucks.... Went to use my gift card. Was hoping to find something nice (maybe a long sleeve 'rugby/polo' style shirt)... The men's department was stuffed into a back corner of the store while the women's (regular clothing, sportswear AND activewear!!!) took over nearly most of that side of the store.

Hmph. At least I got the Red Velvet Oreos to try out. They're not bad.
and I still have a bit of money left on my card since you can't cash it out. :/

I learned the difference between RC helicopters and drones is kinda like the difference between having a rotary landline phone and the latest generation smart phone. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back