What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There town near me called Thetford where Thomas Paine lived, he helped you win war of independence.When Lincoln died Thetford council wrote letter of sorrow to white house 150 years later the White House replied realizing what Thomas Paine had done FOR America and now America will be celebrating the town of Thetford AND Thomas pAINe who lived near me...i read this in a local paper today but some facts could be missing....unfortunately American history bored me to death when I was at school BUT shows it small world.
Little bit of history I learn today

had so much garlic that vampires stay away,if got vampire troubles I your gal.

080-cartoon-garlic-joke.gif

I learned that Restaurant Impossible is filming at a restaurant right outside our neighborhood, right now.

I learned that Equip for Equality has an email address I can use to initiate my possible case for the ADA violation. I'll be using that soon enough.

I learned that I need to start carrying various Metra schedules with me..... cause I was way off on my timing this morning. I also learned that the 8:35 AM and 9:35 AM Metra trains are no longer an option. That's a real time killer.

I found out today that my wife AND sister in-law both want to take ASL classes with me.
Do they teach ASL in HILLBILLY???? Lol

I learned that as much as being sick sucked when I was a kid, it sucks even more now that I'm an adult and my mom is 200 miles away. My throat hurts and this isn't a good start to the semester.

That people have no regard for safety when a train is approaching. Bells ringing and lights flashing, and they STILL cross..... with less than 2 minutes before the train gets to the station. Also, trespassers on the tracks with the train just down the tracks. Damn. That kind of behavior is exactly what I don't want to see. It's a good reminder for me to be safe, and be alert at all times. Trains can get to a person faster than they think.

I learned that Restaurant Impossible is filming at a restaurant right outside our neighborhood, right now.

I just learned 'Restaurant Impossible' is a TV show , I never heard of it. I can't stand reality shows.

Reading out loud can help boost confidence

I just learned that there are units available for me to look at not far from where I'm at now. It's in that apartment building I caught a break on a few weeks back. Things are looking up now. :D :P :thumb:

Found out that when I set the silent alarm on my fitbit if I don't actually get out of bed it will go off again. Great way for us deaf people to wake up.

I learned during yesterday's walk downtown that there is a choclate factory that makes a very strong sweet smelling choclately waft. Found the place, too.

I just learned how to sign contract, download and register in asl.

I learned a famous song writer teaches song writing courses in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back