What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

Jess said:
Wirelessly posted

Lucky was a yellow lab did some funny things like that not everyday, He had those moments he was fine :)

I hope Jess' dog is fine with no worms or others.

I have a black lab named Heartsong. He is a retired guide dog that once belonged to SCBassist, really quite jovial for an older dog.

Ahhh those dogs are very youthful even at an old age. Lucky dog is doggie heaven , he gave me wonderful memories and have his pic on my screen on iPhone :)

Wirelessly posted

Ahhh those dogs are very youthful even at an old age. Lucky dog is doggie heaven , he gave me wonderful memories and have his pic on my screen on iPhone :)

He really is, just getting a tad *smart* with me! LOL He's a good boy, the things they do are quite memorable I'm sure!

For love? I don't know, his glance looks more like 'I hope she isn't looking' compared to treat time! :lol: He takes a heartworm preventative and shows no symptoms relating to heartworms, buuut, he's a floor licker, so this 4 legged trash disposal is definitely going to get a THOROUGH butt check! Thankfully, my apartment has wood floors, have not noticed anything resembling butt streaking - yet. He doesn't do that inside, but reassures me with that 'proud of it!' look! :hmm: LOL

:laugh2:
good funny story, thanks for sharing. kinda reminds me of a few dogs ive came across...while i love those kinds of dog,it can be a real headache too
i know..

I used to catch myself on fire ALL the time when I was welding....as long as it hadn't gotten to skin yet I'd let it burn until I finish my weld....then put it out :D

Thats how i did it. Frayed jeans catch fast! :lol: i also leaned that day not to weld in thin shoes. If you drip some metal it will burn through your shoe and get stuck between your toes. :shock:

Thats how i did it. Frayed jeans catch fast! :lol: i also leaned that day not to weld in thin shoes. If you drip some metal it will burn through your shoe and get stuck between your toes. :shock:

Yikes!! After the first day I had to go get leather laces for my boots, I melted mine from the sparks off the grinder. And frays, exactly right!! I was always covered in duct tape :D I was a smoker, and we couldn't have lighters on us, because they explode from sparks haha, so marches. Quite a few times if go on lunch and put my matches in the breast pocket of my flannel shirt, forget about them, a spark would hit it and light up the whole book. I'd be welding and get a nose full if sulfur *crap*.

I really liked that job :D

Yikes!! After the first day I had to go get leather laces for my boots, I melted mine from the sparks off the grinder. And frays, exactly right!! I was always covered in duct tape :D I was a smoker, and we couldn't have lighters on us, because they explode from sparks haha, so marches. Quite a few times if go on lunch and put my matches in the breast pocket of my flannel shirt, forget about them, a spark would hit it and light up the whole book. I'd be welding and get a nose full if sulfur *crap*.

I really liked that job :D

hang on, what job was that? engineer?!?:shock:

i learn putting grass turf down is impossible on your own i therefore made total cock up and in future get a gardener do it

Wirelessly posted

Jess said:
Wirelessly posted

He really is, just getting a tad *smart* with me! LOL He's a good boy, the things they do are quite memorable I'm sure!

Heartsong sounds a sweetheart :) have fun with him.

i learn putting grass turf down is impossible on your own i therefore made total cock up and in future get a gardener do it

It's hard work but I did it when I owned property in N.C. (1 acre)....One of my neighbors explained to me what to do...and still have a scar on my leg when I was breaking up all the tree roots and a big rock hit....Anyway...the work and effort was good...had a beautiful and lush green lawn...but I wouldn't do it again....it's back-breaking and dirty work.

It's hard work but I did it when I owned property in N.C. (1 acre)....One of my neighbors explained to me what to do...and still have a scar on my leg when I was breaking up all the tree roots and a big rock hit....Anyway...the work and effort was good...had a beautiful and lush green lawn...but I wouldn't do it again....it's back-breaking and dirty work.

Must be a NC thing I bent a mattock blade trying to chop up some roots.

hang on, what job was that? engineer?!?:shock:

Mig welding, I worked at a sheet metal shop for oh about 6 months, maybe 17 years ago. Welded, grinded, cut and bent metal :) Used an awl to punch holes in it. I used to be a press operator for a while too at screen printing shop, putting prints on t shirts, landscaped for a while.

Must be a NC thing I bent a mattock blade trying to chop up some roots.

Could be...and it was in Hampstead...had the property clearned of trees and stumps but the roots were for me to deal with, so was the landscaping....PLanted several Weeping Willow trees...and went into the woods and dug up a lot of Fir trees...the property and house still stands there as a relative of mine bought it....even had a vegetable garden....a goat, chickens and rabbits...fond memories...but I'm a city girl at heart.

Mig welding, I worked at a sheet metal shop for oh about 6 months, maybe 17 years ago. Welded, grinded, cut and bent metal :) Used an awl to punch holes in it. I used to be a press operator for a while too at screen printing shop, putting prints on t shirts, landscaped for a while.

I finally bought a nice mig. I use it for a lot of auto body work here in the land of rust. Now I don't know how I lived without it. :D

yup i know this one too...

and that was only a quarter of what i did last summer

Attachments

• 2013-01-12204635_zpse6114cb7.jpg
    2013-01-12204635_zpse6114cb7.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
I learned how big king size beds really are. We just bought one today !! :) Going to be delivered on Tuesday.

Today I learned that a six year old is a very fickle being and that there are many kinds of dinner pie - none of which should contain tomato.

Haha :D

haha I learn it lol on someone text me laugh me oMG funny me :lol: hard laugh. silly for comment i learn it. whoa. someone wrong funny, what is wrong going happened lol many 'where is my wife?

Wirelessly posted

Guys are afraid of commitment!

Wirelessly posted

You must have dated my ex'es! :laugh2:

Some just want to keep their bachelorhood going, I'm sorry boys, I'm so moving on! xx

Wirelessly posted

Jess said:
Rio said:

You must have dated my ex'es! :laugh2:

Some just want to keep their bachelorhood going, I'm sorry boys, I'm so moving on! xx

Maybe :laugh2: but it true :lol: moving is all we can do :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back