What did you learn today? Part II

I learned that California uses a different blend of gas in the winter. They say it is about 3% less efficent but my mileage went from 20.2 to 15.7

They lied about the 3% sounds like.

I learned that six year old boys can be a pain in the ass.

//early bedtime.

yup. it applies to all states with winter season. it's bad.

I don't think TX does it....I could be wrong. But they way it was described in the paper this is a Northern California blend that was created due to the fog. I will try to find article later.

I actually don't mind the special blend but they should be more honest about the mileage.

I learned that six year old boys can be a pain in the ass.

//early bedtime.

I remember baby sitting my niece Amanda and my newphew Jeffery when they were 5 and 6. They so exhausted me I went to bed at 6 pm.

I learned that one of my friend's husband had was seeing her ex-husband's girlfriend. Imagine THAT! Sounds like a very very crazy situation for my friend. Geez!

Lord you have no idea. I thought Karma had made her rounds, but I guess not. Just goes to show if you lie like a dog you're good, but if you're honest you're worth about as much as chicken shit to the company.

I know .. I try hard to be so good. Yet it seems to bite me in the butt when I least want or think it would.

Well at any rate I am reapplying for USDA for placement at Dardanelle in November when my year is up. In the meantime I just learned that I need a letter from VRS to qualify for the Schedule A option and I am trying to find out if the WAE positions fall under this Schedule A program or even possibly full time positions. I've done a google search and have done a search within USAJobs but nothing is coming up yet.

I've learned that you can advise and talk urself blue in the face...but a 19 yr. old is gonna do what he is gonna do. Soooo. You let go the apron strings, hope for the best...but keep the door open, 'cause you know he's gonna be back, hopefully a little wiser.

Blame N. Korea, maybe they have done more nuclear bomb tests?

WOuldn't it be from Japan? They may have three breached nuclear reactors. I saw the news it made it to Massachusetts from Japan.

WOuldn't it be from Japan? They may have three breached nuclear reactors. I saw the news it made it to Massachusetts from Japan.

I knew the air smelled funny today! :lol: And our hatch was INCREDIBLY low today. We dropped around 1,000 eggs today. :shock:

No, I knew it was likely from Fukushima, just thought I'd poke fun at N. Korea for a bit although it was lame.

As for the hatch, yeah I'm serious our hatch dropped way way way low. Now I'm wondering if we will see some of these eggs hatch into majorly deformed chickens. I'll have USDA keep me updated on them in about two months.

I learned that my ex-father-in-law had open heart surgery this morning. He had a mild heart attack last Monday, and they couldn't find a cause. He has since been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, narrowing of the arteries due to age (he's 86) & 90% plaque blockage in 2 arteries.
Then this afternoon, my son calls me and tells me that his "step grandfather" also has been taken to the hospital. He too has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Last year he had a stoke, and is paralyzed on one side.
My ex-father-in-law is expected to survive....the Step Grandfather we aren't too sure about. I need prayers for them both. Thanks

I learned that my ex-father-in-law had open heart surgery this morning. He had a mild heart attack last Monday, and they couldn't find a cause. He has since been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, narrowing of the arteries due to age (he's 86) & 90% plaque blockage in 2 arteries.
Then this afternoon, my son calls me and tells me that his "step grandfather" also has been taken to the hospital. He too has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Last year he had a stoke, and is paralyzed on one side.
My ex-father-in-law is expected to survive....the Step Grandfather we aren't too sure about. I need prayers for them both. Thanks

Consider it done my friend! :wave:

I learned one of my cats has diabetes. We just got home from the emergency vet. She was urinating blood like crazy. It seemed serious as she hadn't been bleeding until tonight, so it was sudden symptoms. She's now on antibiotics, pain meds, insulin and diabetes food. I spent a whopping $549 tonight. Thank goodness my checkbook has breathing room. :eek3:

I learned one of my cats has diabetes. We just got home from the emergency vet. She was urinating blood like crazy. It seemed serious as she hadn't been bleeding until tonight, so it was sudden symptoms. She's now on antibiotics, pain meds, insulin and diabetes food. I spent a whopping $549 tonight. Thank goodness my checkbook has breathing room. :eek3:

Whoa! I know how vet bills can hurt. I hope the meds and special food will work on your cat.

Is urination one of the symptoms?

Whoa! I know how vet bills can hurt. I hope the meds and special food will work on your cat.

Is urination one of the symptoms?

I do not know, actually. She turned out to also have a bladder infection, that was causing the bleeding. It was after taking her in that we also learned of the Diabetes. She was tested for that about 6 months ago and negative then, so all of this was a surprise.

Back