What did you learn today? Part II

Learned that a couple of co workers retired couple weeks ago and that puts me in #2 in seniority list (out of about 50) in my workgroup. :)

I learnt that sometimes it's fun to spend money on something just because the something is exciting and I want to. Normally I'm pretty strict with spending cos I have four kiddies who eat money :popcorn:. But....I bought my Son a health and ancestry dna test :rockon:

I learnt that sometimes it's fun to spend money on something just because the something is exciting and I want to. Normally I'm pretty strict with spending cos I have four kiddies who eat money :popcorn:. But....I bought my Son a health and ancestry dna test :rockon:

That is awesome. I imagine him pestering you about himself, and I salute you for taking care of the problem.
I hope it didn't cost the family fortune, though I have no idea. :)

That is awesome. I imagine him pestering you about himself, and I salute you for taking care of the problem.
I hope it didn't cost the family fortune, though I have no idea. :)
It was a special offer. He's really excited about it.

I learned how easy it is to keep getting busted by Mom for smoking. Dangit!

I've meant to get a DNA test from Ancestry to verify my family's longtime genealogy research and update any if needed.

I've meant to get a DNA test from Ancestry to verify my family's longtime genealogy research and update any if needed.

Totally recommend it! My parents had DNA tests done. My father has no problem tracking his ancestors easily because most of his ancestors were Catholic. The Catholic Church is very good at keeping records. Also, my father's ancestors were wealthy and landowners, so it's easy to look it up.

Totally recommend it! My parents had DNA tests done. My father has no problem tracking his ancestors easily because most of his ancestors were Catholic. The Catholic Church is very good at keeping records. Also, my father's ancestors were wealthy and landowners, so it's easy to look it up.

That is very true! We were able to trace my mother's line back to 1600's England thanks to her Catholic roots and their excellent records. Cannot say the same about my father's due to many courthouses in Georgia were burnt down during the Civil War which screwed up my research attempts to find out more about my father's ancestors. I am hoping Ancestry DNA test can help me to break through.

Football isn’t assumed over til the clock strikes 0:00. RIP Saints! :lol:

tumblr_n0zwzcPmsQ1s71yvvo1_500.gif

There is another snow in Houston area and all schools are closed today.

Last edited:
I learned 80 year old men will do anything to hit on a 40ish year old woman. Had that happen today. :lol: (I politely declined.)

I learned it's still 25 degrees here in San Antonio. It's awesome! I'm not complaining. Yet.

Back